Getting into trimix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flow limiter is key to any analyzer. Even the basic hand head O2 analyzer.

That is a good point and means I should have been way more specific. There are several flowmeters for the Divesoft including the crappy plastic one that plugs in the top, the bc inflator one, the standard din flow limiter, and the professional din flow limiter. By far the one that makes all of the difference is the pro din flow limiter

Professional Flow Limiter DIN

The standard $650 Divesoft Solo package, the crappy little plastic limiter is the only one you get! Which isn't all that easy to get a good reading on until you get the hang of it. Probably the reason why the google reviews say it's a pain. Unlike a typical O2 sensor which can handle a flow rate of ~2-4 L/min, the Divesoft requires more like 0.2 L/min. That's quite different!

So with the pro din flow limiter the divesoft is more expensive than the analox ata pro I can get at the local shop.

is it worth the extra cost? Seeing as how the divesoft seems to list as much much cheaper than the analox? It it just better because it’s cheaper? Or is it an actual better unit ?

Divesoft doesn't have an He sensor to replace. Also look at used prices. When the used prices are nearly what the new ones cost, and they sell for that, tends to show that it is a good one to get. I'm willing to bet you will have a hard time finding a Divesoft for sale.

Divesoft doesn't have an He sensor to replace. Also look at used prices. When the used prices are nearly what the new ones cost, and they sell for that, tends to show that it is a good one to get. I'm willing to bet you will have a hard time finding a Divesoft for sale.
That’s a good point.
Although I very very rarely buy anything used I understand what your saying.

Also what size suit bottles do people tend to use?

I’m 6’ 250 for suit size reference
And it’s cold water here so my typical dives are in the 90 min range
Cheers

When I was diving OC, I used one AL6 per dive up to 200’. I had a few so if I was doing multiple dives a weekend I wouldn’t have to worry about fills between dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom