Getting into trimix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KentB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So gonna start trimix pretty quick here and I have my own blending setup, Helium is getting harder and harder to source here so I set up an account with my business and ordered 3 T bottles of helium.

what’s everyone recommend for trimix analyzer??
Keep in mind I’m in Canada so exchange rates is 35%

I agree. I have had my eye on that Divesoft Solo for a little while now.

Divesoft, hands down. I had a Nuvair that I sold when the Solo came out and haven’t regretted it.

...so I set up an account with my business and ordered 3 T bottles of helium.

Nice advantage there.

You can actually use the solo for both mixing and analyzing. I am happy with mine now that I have resolved the firmware upgrade process successfully.

I haven’t begun mixing trimix yet. They have this force majeure thing here preventing the purchase of he. I do use it as a backup nitrox blending monitor and to analyze nitrox fills.

The little cylindrical nub used on the analyzer could be designed better. I use a piece of tubing pressed into the inlet instead of the nub. A spherical ball like on the Analox nitrox unit would probably be better than either of those as it could be used for regular, insert, and DIN valves

I have the Oxycheq and it works fine. I actually like that you don't have to hold the unit up to the valve. I put a 3' hose with a DIN connector on it. I can test an entire dives worth of tanks without moving the unit.

I used a Dive Soft recently and found it a little tricky to use for He. Probably user error though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom