Getting from Placencia to Roatan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A friend flew from San Pedro direct to Utila in just a few hours, stopping at Belize International to clear exit formalities, simply by chartering a Tropic Air plane. Don't know what it cost, though.

Yeah, flying from San Pedro to the islands is relatively easy, cause the flights are direct. And at $157 not a bad deal. Its getting from southern Belize to Belize City to SAP that takes so much time and costs so much :shocked2:

Sorry, that was San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize, not San Pedro Sula. There is no scheduled flight, which is why he chartered.

Besides the TACA flights from Belize City to La Ceiba, you could consider a boat charter but from Placencia, the fuel bill would likely be in the order of $US 1 000.00. However, from time to time, people from here do go Honduras for varous reasons and if anyone is going, you may be able to hook up with them and share costs. You could ask the Placencia BTIA to send out a query to ask but you will need to be more specific about dates as your question does not say what month you will be here. They can be reached at "Placencia Tourism Center" <placencia@btl.net>. You could also check with us at Splash Dive Shop when you get here to see if we are aware of any boats going.

Yeah Steve your right I was actually following up on that as I thought the distance would be too far to make the 4.30 ferry.

Like I said the best is going to be the TACA option although I also think some flights fly direct to Roatan after dropping off passengers in Belize but I am not up to date on which airlines but I would start with Continental and AA

Gaz
My watchmans son goes to school in Belize and we have looked into every option available over the years and this year it would seem the best deal is Mayan air to San Pedro then the bus to Cieba and the ferry, Or reverse it if going the other way. The local Honduran lines, Taca, and such do not do stopovers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom