Getting cold soon, good link about keeping warm in drysuit...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jagfish

The man behind the fish
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Thanks Jagfish, I'm sitting at work and bored. And a newbie who's not dived dry before, I'll be amused for a bit....... :)

I was hoping that I would gave a great site for paying for one too!!!

didn't see the bit about jumping in a hottub as done here - two benefits warms you up and rinses off the dry suit.

Bonus points for getting a massage too at the same time :eyebrow:

jagfish:
Jonathan
I hear the misses let you out of the cage again on Saturday for another dive. Sorry I missed you!
And really special permission again for this Saturday - this is going to cost me!

I was amazed last diving trip to observe a group of Japanese female drysuit divers utilising one of the techniques mentioned in the DUI article. They had crystalising wax heat packs - heated in a large themos of hot water prior to the dive.

The really novel part of this approach was how they kept the packs in place inside the suit. The solution was both elegant and simple. They removed the normal (and obligatory in Japan) bra padding from their swim suits and replaced the padding with the heat packs, which were approximately the same size and shape.

Most diverting !!!

Of course, since the water temperature was 26 degrees and it was a bight sunny Autumn day, one wonders whether it was worth all the effort - but that's Japan for you.

Back
Top Bottom