Getting close to eels.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And a couple more...

_MG_2202copy.jpg

_MG_2064copy.jpg

This one is not a great shot but you can see the gills. He was filling up his mouth, essentially his head, with water here to look bigger.

_MG_3943copy-1.jpg

AUTiger:
Close

P7270601.jpg

and even closer

HeresJohnny-Small.jpg

David

OMG...that made me laugh!

thats funny!:11:

...what happened? that would have freaked me out

:rofl3: That looks like a cartoon.
A misjudged sea-monster that is about as smart as a doorstop, wants a friend and a hug.

Awesome shots Dennis! That's pretty damn close.

The dive master had been teasing the eel with an empty bucket of food. Apparently the eel had been used to its afternoon treat. The eel came out immediately and started free swimming. The DM kept putting the empty milk jug in its face. The eel started swimming at the other divers and nipping at fins. I was right in the middle of it all while my friends were a bit further away. The eel would come my way, right at my torso. I think that he was attracted to his reflection on my camera port. When he would approach too closely, I would use the camera to "steer" him away. The second photo was one of these passes when his nose was almost on the camera while I steered him.

David

catherine96821:
OMG...that made me laugh!

thats funny!:11:

...what happened? that would have freaked me out

Back
Top Bottom