Getting back into diving.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mdv50524

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hi all :)

I am just getting back into SCUBA. I did my open water certification in 2000 and was able get a few dives in with my dive partners (parents until they faced health issues which forced them to give up diving. so needless to say a teenager with no dive partners = no diving lol.

Fast forward a few years later and I find myself back on the central coast of California, I have signed up to take a refresher course and see how that goes, hopefuly I have not forgotten to much, but if I have I may just retake the open water course again. after all I would prefer not to die. Any way I just wanted to say hi and that I am really excited to have the oportunity to get back into diving. Also to ask a quick question. right now I have all my basic gear, wet suit, mask, fins, boots, snorkle, hood, gloves. at some point I would like to start puting the rest of the kit together. any sugestions oh brands too look at or more importantly to stay away from?

thanks

-Matt

Welcome aboard. The refreasher will most likely get you caught up. Ascents are much slower and computers have come a long way. This forum will help you figure out what gear you want (need) for the diving you want to do. Don't get too far ahead of yourself or you'll buy something you regret later. You don't need the most expensive. You will need what you need for the diving you want to do in the near future.

mdv, welcome to ScubaBoard! As for gear, best thing is to research what you want to get, and go get it. Remember quality is not always the most expensive, and there are some bad cheap stuff out there. Best thing is to buy the essentials when you have money and go from there. As for the reply below me (not to get into any argument with any board members, but ALWAYS consider the source of the statement. For example beaverdivers is a Scubapro Platinum Dealer, so of course he thinks Scubapro is the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard and back into the underwater world!!!!

Get your feet wet and drop on down to our local forum and join in the fun here:

SoCal and NorCal

Back
Top Bottom