Getting a uwatec to display feet (not meters)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaroo once bubbled...
scubaxris,

PS O-ring and Uncle Pug are two very different people! :) oh you edited that bit

Yep...sliped on the trigger on that one!! Do I get my points back for the edit??
Scubaxris

Ok, I admit it...I was trolling for Aussies.

O-ring wrote...
Ok, I admit it...I was trolling for Aussies.
Looks like you chummed too soon and wound up with only a few Euro stragglers....

oh, well, can't land a tuna every day.

:D

When I bought mine, in Canada, they, the LDS, asked if I wanted metric or US equivelants. They are sold, or should I say marketed, for either or, not both !
Wreck/Tec

O-ring - Being a metric system user (by birth !), could you please explain why it is not right according to DIR principles ? Sounds a bit weird to me...

If you buy your Uwatec bottom timer from OMS (rebadged) then it is in feet - even if you buy it in a metric country as I found. Sent it back and baught a metric one from DiveInn.

You can't switch them I'm afraid. You may be able to with the computers if you have datatrack - but I've never looked into that as I don't want to!

Jonathan

frogfish once bubbled...
O-ring - Being a metric system user (by birth !), could you please explain why it is not right according to DIR principles ? Sounds a bit weird to me...
Nothing sounds weirder than using BAR, liters, or kilometers. Save yourself and switch to Imperial!

frogfish once bubbled...
... and drive on the left side of the road and so forth. Not sure I get your joke anyway
You aren't still driving on the left, are you? I thought that went out with monarchys and the paddle wheel... Do yourself a favor and switch measurement systems and start driving on the other side of the road. If anyone gives you any crap about it, call them a stroke and tell them you are the one doing it right.

The UWATEC computers are switched between imperial and metric via the computer software and interface. If you have the SmartPro or SmartCom then you can do this from most computers with an infrared port. If you have one of the Aladin series, you need the MemoMouse adapter. I have one of these and can make the change, but you would have to ship me the computer unless you live around here. You may be able to find a UWATEC dealer in your area that has one available and can change your computer for you.

Best of luck.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom