Getting a Pinnacle Evo 2, what are your thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

southjerseydiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hey guys, its time for a drysuit and my shop has an amazing deal. for just about $1400 you can get the evo 2 with all the extras. they are the inflator hose, hood, drysuit bag, and all the maintiance gear. i want to know before i bought this suit if anyone has had any problems at all with there suit. i have heard nothing but good things about it. should i go ahead with it and get it?

The Evo 2 is a great drysuit. I have one and dive it. It is one tough suit! As with anything, there are pros and cons. On the pro side it has not given me one bit of problem, it is tough as nails, I expect it will last forever, it is very easy to maintain and the Pinnacle customer service is great. There are a few cons. It is a heavy suit, at about 20 pounds it is not easy to travel with. On my suit I have the built in boots. For recreational diving they are just fine, though you do need quite a big fin to fit over the large boot. The large boot does tend to trap some extra air so you need to be aware of that, though it is quite easy to manage the bubble in the suit. The other issue with the boot is the flexability. For most divers it is a non-issue, but for me with exsisting flexability issues in my ankle due to a serious injury I need to go with a softer boot, like the DUI Turbo-sole. I am sad to say I will be probably be selling my EVO 2 shortly. I really do like this drysuit and I am sure you will be very happy with yours.

its an awesome suit, I absolutely LOVE mine. and that's a great deal.

they are a little stiff when you get them, but in about 10 or so dives they start to soften up and are really great. The seals are the HD seals and can take plenty of abuse.

Make sure that you get the neoprene boot and overboot with it vice the vulcanized molded boot to prevent the above problem. I didn't have any issues with the boots, not even the problem with getting them into my XXL ForceFins. Which by the way... Robertarak... I highly recommend that you try before having to sell your suit. They will definately help with any flexibility issues that you might have in your knees, ankles, etc..

Thanx meesier, but the fins are not the problem at all. I wear SUper Rocket II, and I love them, sorta a large version of Jet Fins. The problem is the molded boot. It is not that big of a problem either, just a minor one for me with my isseus. I am sure it would be fine for someone of average flexability.
My new suit with turbo-soles is already on order. The ONLY reason I would see the EVO 2 (what a great suit for wreck diving!) is to help offset the cost of the new suit. Sad day, but I am sure I will like the new one just as much..I hope.

I just got mine about 3 weeks ago. I love it! I have never taken a drysuit course(doing alot of studying and talking to my local veteran drysuit divers) and the suit is really forgiving for a new drysuit diver. I dove it again(2nd time) this past Sat. and without any undergarments, just a t-shirt and shorts(it's too hot right now for full undergarments) and in shallow water 30ft. or less I was practicing ascents and descents, no problem, worked great. It is a very tough suit. The seals are like inner tube rubbber, should last a long time. If you are going custom, be prepared to wait about 2 months. It took Pinnacle about 3 months for mine which they said is rare. It's a great suit so far. I would highly recommend it. Getting spring straps for my XL TUSA Zoom fins cured the floaty feet issue I had on my first dive.
I'll be finally, taking my PADI AOW dives in Sept. in a quarry in Alabama and this suit will really come in handy when I hit 55-60degrees on the 100ft. bottom.

The Evo2 is also sold with neporene socks instead of the molded boots. I'm pretty sure you can swap the boots on an existing suit too.

does the custom evo 2 ccost extra or is it still the same standard price

I bought my Evo2 from Dive Right In Scuba earlier this summer. If you call Mike directly I'm sure he can work out a great package for you (I know he did for me :D)

I've only been able to dive the suit a few times so far, but I can't say enough good things about it. Very rugged, and easy to use. I had mine built with the neoprene socks and use separate overshoes which has worked well for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom