Getting a Pinnacle Evo 2, what are your thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been in mine now almost 1 year. I ordered mine with the integrated boots. Big mistake. The boots trap too much air and can be difficult to manage. I've sent it back to Pinnacle to have the boots cut off & compressed neoprene socks installed. I would suggest ordering yours with the compressed neoprene socks, and use rockboots. You'll eliminate some future headaches for yourself.

My LDS didn't charge extra for the custom sizing. If fact since it took about 3 months to get it, he let me pay over time. Divers Supply here in Atlanta was the dealer, great price too!
I have mine with the boots attached. I had floaty feet with first dive, but getting spring straps on my TUSA Zoom fins, solved that problem alot. It collapses the boot at the ankle and keeps alot of air from reaching that area.

I got the Pinnacle (rear zip) version. Like everyone else has said, it is tough as nails and a great suit. I have the attached rubber boots on there and I have had no problems adapting. I did have very floaty feet at first, a set of jet fins took care of that for me and i havnt looked back since. Cant go wrong with this suit.

I got my evo 2 back in May and am very happy with it. Like other posters said, get the neoprene socks and overboots instead of the attached boots-the pinnacle rockboots are a little on the narrow side, but you can always swap those out for a different brand if they are uncomfortable.

The suit does "un-stiffen" after a few dives, and as mentioned, the seals are really tough on it.

pockets are a little on the small side.

overall, I am impressed with the suit.

I am comparing the evo vs evo2. Is the extra $250 worth getting the Evo 2 vs the regular evo? It looks like the main differences are rear vs front entry, a slightly different pockets? Any other major difference?

Front entry is the way to go
If you can fork out for made to measure then do it, you'll be much happier with the result.
Another thing i'll say is that the pockets on the evo2 are pants... if you have the option of putting differrent pockets on then do so (like the halcyon explorer pocket).

I went with the evo 1 for a couple of reasons. I am 5'11 and 160lbs, so I am not on the heavy side. The front zip suit will have more fabric on the front of the suit which would be a better fit for heavier people.

Another reason i went with the rear entry is because I had recently gone to a demo day with dive rite. The rep there told me the front zippers tend to wear out faster and recommended the rear entry if I would always have a buddy.

Looking back, a front entry suit would be nice so I could get in and out of the suit without waiting on my buddy (nice when its 90+ degrees out). I have really been impressed with the rear entry suit I have, and for the price have no absolutely no buyers remorse. Think about what features are important to you, how much you are willing to spend, and go for it. Either way you will have a great suit.

I am comparing the evo vs evo2. Is the extra $250 worth getting the Evo 2 vs the regular evo? It looks like the main differences are rear vs front entry, a slightly different pockets? Any other major difference?

Front entry alone is worth 250 USD. You'll know that the first time you gotta run to the toilet after the dive (providing you don't install a p valve). :D

Plus, I get to put it on and off by myself, no assistance needed.

Still, both are great suits, no matter which way you go (I went the Evo 2 way...).

Back
Top Bottom