Getting a Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alot of manufactures here have that same deal. I got my Bare Drysuit with Options for slighlty less than that. I have never heard of that company or drysuit, That does not mean its not a great suit. As for the deal nothing special its about average.

You might get better feedback if you ask on the DIR Explorers board, where the majority of members are UK. I don't know whether this suit is sold in the US, but it certainly isn't sold in our area. The description sounds like a fairly standard laminate suit, although I don't personally care for Apeks valves.

Have you considered the SeaSkin Nova

Made to measure in the UK at a VERY reasonable price - plenty of positive reviews on the yorkshire divers forum.

This is running neck and neck with a Whites fusion for me and may even be pulling in front!

MTM wins over me being at the bottom of the 4xl fusion size range.

TSandM whats your thoughts on Fusion V trilam??

BB1, I've never heard of a Fusion V, and a Google search didn't enlighten me.

Its been a long day - Sorry should have type it in full!

Fusion versus Trilam (traditional trilam suit)

Well, I really like my Fusion. The advantages over a standard laminate suit are that the fit doesn't have to be precise, because the outer skin compressed the bag against you and prevents air-trapping. Mobility is excellent. The disadvantage is the pockets -- it's difficult to put pockets on the Lycra skin, and if you put them on the tech skin, they sag on land and give you droopy drawers. The Whites pockets are pretty small, as well.

I had the original, fabric socks on my suit, but I understand you can get (or they now come with) neoprene socks. They have an "attached" boot system now that looks pretty nice, and the people I talked to in Monterey this last weekend like them a lot. I gave up with mine and put Turbosoles on it.

The Fusion is very light and extremely easy to pack, and dries almost as fast as a trilam.

The big pluses are not needing a custom cut, the mobility, and the lightness.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom