Getting a diver's lifejacket ("horsecollar" type)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure why you would want one. Obsolete and belong hanging on a museum wall.

Not obsolete, just no longer used widely in recreational diving.

It is the only BC I know of that can be used as a life jacket, when inflated it will keep the diver face up even if unconscious.

Bob

Seatec horse collar still being used by my buddies.
Rockpile%209_ART0251_zpszkixuo4l.jpg

Andy_DSC0634.jpg

@MaxBottomtime, he doesn’t still have the CO2 cartridge in it, does he? Back in ‘82, or so, my dad got the pull cord on his caught on something at 30’. I could not hold him down while he was trying to purge it. Fortunately, he survived to tell the tale.

Aqualung currently holds and produces Fenzy x4's to military & public safety only.
Theoretically a dealer with a high standing might be able to finagle a civilian purchase.
http://www.aqualung.com/militaryandprofessional/product_information/X4_FENZY_MILITARY_BC.pdf

Seatec Sunfish is also in production but marketed to military only, though you can find a current 4 stock on ebay that is used and very abused disposition from previous military stock. Rarely you'll find others popping up on ebay.
Used Seatec Sunfish Military Grade HorseCollar BCD Buoyancy Control Device | eBay

Aquatec, which was linked by Bob DBF is the only "easy" to access new for civilian market.

Fairdinkum, look at how happy the bloke up there is.
He's his own dsmb, ha ha ha ha ha
That's diving.
How come his mask doesn't fill with water???? So cool!

Anyhow folks avoid the aquatec, it's a poor cheap attempt at what, I haven't figured out yet.....

More to follow.....................

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom