Gettin Old

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really have to feel sorry for someone who feels old at 23. Geeze. Who was it who said "Youth is wasted on the young." The only time I feel "old"-er is when my knee hurts after 40 minutes on the elliptical. Or when I have a pain somewhere in my body and don't remember how the hell I hurt myself.
But happy birthday anyway, and congrats on your little girl.

brussellsprouts:
I hear you. It's my 32nd today. I have my advanced cert..haven't used it a whole lot (you know, time/money tug-of-war), but have been on some very cool dives nonetheless. I'm worried about the health of the world's oceans, etc, however. I hope your daughter will be able to know what a beautiful thing an ocean can be. Cheers

Unfortunatly, her Mommy doesn't like the ocean. She had a rip current experience as a kid, and well... She doesn't like it anymore.

As I approach the "1/2 way to 90 " birthday, in the past year I finally was OW certified, along with my 17 & 13 yr old sons....waiting for my 8yr old daughter to convince my wife (same age as me) to get certified with her, luckily she has 2 years to convince her.

Just remember getting old is better than the alternative.

Men are obligated to grow old, but they are not obligated to grow up.

Age is just a number. What you do to take care of yourself has as much impact as how old you are....to a point. I just have not yet reached that point.

Heck, a couple of years ago I met a gent who was 76 and diving. He started in his late 60's. He is not old.

Back
Top Bottom