Gettin Old

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FFEMTcJ

Registered
Reaction score
Well, it's that time of year again. Time to look back and reflect on what happened in the past year. This year I had a little baby girl (who is currently screaming at me). She will be 10 months old in just 8 short days. I also got my OW Cert this year, which I have been using quite a bit. I think those are the only two big things this year, but too many other little things to list.

Now someone sing the happy birthday song!

Chris

I can't sing, so I'll just say Happy birthday!:hb2:
What do you consider "getting old"?

Dave

23 ;-) heheheheehe I'm gonna get yelled at for that one, I just know it.

Dude, wait till you turn 25... it's all downhill from there. I'm 28 now and I can barely get myself out of bed in the morning...

:wink:

... thought you would need some help deflecting the flamings from some of the more senior members of the board. I'm here for ya.

:hb2: Happy Birthday Chris! :hb2:

25...28?? the 30 hump! At 32 I'm dealing with a new set of fun stuff... like monitoring heart healthy foods and blood pressure and blood sugar... and its not like I've been a trash food eater in my life.. gota love genetics! :D

Having a daughter will age you quickly, I can tell you from experience.

Age is relative... Seinfeld, in his standup routine, noted that the life expectancy in George Washington's time was 35 years. Seinfeld pondered: did people walk around in 1756 saying "Look at Joe! He's almost 29 but doesn't look a day over 23!"

CBulla:
:hb2: Happy Birthday Chris! :hb2:

25...28?? the 30 hump! At 32 I'm dealing with a new set of fun stuff... like monitoring heart healthy foods and blood pressure and blood sugar... and its not like I've been a trash food eater in my life.. gota love genetics! :D

CBulla- judging from your avatar you made out just fine w/ the genetics

battles2a5:
Dude, wait till you turn 25... it's all downhill from there. I'm 28 now and I can barely get myself out of bed in the morning...

:wink:

... thought you would need some help deflecting the flamings from some of the more senior members of the board. I'm here for ya.

23? 28? downhill? ...not even going there... I'd have to kill you...

My son is older than you.

shakeybrainsurgeon:
Seinfeld, in his standup routine, noted that the life expectancy in George Washington's time was 35 years. Seinfeld pondered: did people walk around in 1756 saying "Look at Joe! He's almost 29 but doesn't look a day over 23!"

Yet another example of lying with statistics. People were not dying of old age at 35. People at the time of the American Revolution, who died of old age, lived as long as they do today. The biggest reason our average age is so much higher today than then is infant mortality was horrendous then. Additionally, medical science has improved so that many injuries and diseases that were death sentences 200 years ago are minor problems today.

At least three of men who signed the Declaration lived to be quite elderly - John Adams lived to age 90, Thomas Jefferson to 83 and Charles Carroll of Carrollton to 95.

Back
Top Bottom