Gettin' a Dry Suit in Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dry suits, Mfg's, TEXAS dealers, & hmmm otherwise, what you like (or don't) locally.

I'm shopping Dry-Suits locally, here in TEXAS. Please contribute your local purchase/equip/performance/satisfaction/experience/etc. if you're willing...

Shopping Dry-suits in TX has it's challenges (for obvious reasons), and I would appreciate your input.

This past weekend I was in your great state at Athens Scuba Park. With my 7.5 mm O'Neil, my undergarmets, gloves and hood I was comfortable. Not toasty warm after a half an hour but comfortable. The water was a brisk 53 degrees.

Will be down in Huntsville this Sunday and I don't thnk it will be much warmer there but it's nice to simply dry your head off and be ready to head out.

I have over a hundred dives on drysuit and always feel much fresher after a drysuit dive than a wetsuit even in warm water.

Please post your finding and experiences as we all can prosper....good luck. :wink:

Spend the time doing your homework....keep focused and have fun!

OK, so the shopping is done.... :D

Thanks to everyone for their input, both public and private, which was very helpful in the many decisions I had to eventually make in this drysuit purchase.

I went to DFW this weekend and ordered a USIA Aqua Pro Plus custom fit, custom colors, dual pockets, urine dump-valve, latex seals and soft socks, along with the Exotherm II undergarments.

I will update this post with pics and provide a review of the suit and dealer once I've taken delivery and gotten a few dives in the suit.

Thanks again for all your help!

Thanks to everyone for their input, both public and private, which was very helpful in the many decisions I had to eventually make in this drysuit purchase.

I went to DFW this weekend and ordered a USIA Aqua Pro Plus custom fit, custom colors, dual pockets, urine dump-valve, latex seals and soft socks, along with the Exotherm II undergarments.

I will update this post with pics and provide a review of the suit and dealer once I've taken delivery and gotten a few dives in the suit.

Awesome....we wish you the best and look forward to your dive report. :)

Cool! Ummm...I mean, ummm...warm...well, whatever. Let me know when you're ready to dive that shiny new drysuit! I dove mine last weekend and loved it! :D

What shop did you buy it from? I'm in the process of buying a used USIA suit, and I'd like to know who sells and services them. I'm 100 miles away, but that's the closest I can get.....

What shop did you buy it from? I'm in the process of buying a used USIA suit, and I'd like to know who sells and services them. I'm 100 miles away, but that's the closest I can get.....

You can find the only current Texas dealer through USIA's website at: http://www.usia.com/consumer/?p=30

Note: the website dealer link is wrong, so I'd contact USIA direct for the dealer info (you can also PM me for that if you need)

(I'd prefer to withhold my comments, info, experiences, dealer opinion, etc. until I've taken delivery, gotten it wet and stayed dry a few times - I promise I'll take pics and provide a review at that time, thanks):crafty:

Cool! Ummm...I mean, ummm...warm...well, whatever. Let me know when you're ready to dive that shiny new drysuit! I dove mine last weekend and loved it! :D

:ppd:

I just HAD to...

Here is my problem. After 4 years of use, I sprung a leak in my USIA drysuit rubber neck seal yesterday. Filled the thing with water. I dried it overnight and inspected it today and found the smallest hole in my lose rubber neck seal.

Since I have not had to fix this thing who can share the best way for me to fix this hole?

Flat tire patch and compound or WHAT?

Let me know your suggestions.

If I send this out to get the neck seal replaced it won't come back until next winter. You know how that goes. So I do want to fix it myself.

Thanks for your ideas.

Shawn

Here is my problem. After 4 years of use, I sprung a leak in my USIA drysuit rubber neck seal yesterday. Filled the thing with water. I dried it overnight and inspected it today and found the smallest hole in my lose rubber neck seal.

Since I have not had to fix this thing who can share the best way for me to fix this hole?

Flat tire patch and compound or WHAT?

Let me know your suggestions.

If I send this out to get the neck seal replaced it won't come back until next winter. You know how that goes. So I do want to fix it myself.

Thanks for your ideas.

Shawn

I say this is worthy of it's own thread.... and one I'll be watching :shocked:

Real bummer bout the leak... I'd start your own thread and post the question under the USIA forum.... it's been dead all winter

Aquaseal

Back
Top Bottom