Get readdy for double sonic boom!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cudachaser

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Shuttle's coming in at 9:15. Sonic booms will be heard over south FL

cool! We may be a little far south, but it will be cool to hear it. Have not heard a sonic boom in quite a few years.

It must have come in with a more SouthWesterly heading. I was watching it on TV and listening for it while I was at the gym this morning, but never heard it.

The Shuttle came up over Belize, entered Florida's SW coast, flew over Lake Ockeechobe, the Cape...turned around and landed from the north. We heard a moderate sonic boom in Cocoa Beach, but no visual siting because of clouds

Heard a pretty good sonic boom at work today.Had just heard that the shuttle was coming home and forgot about it.I was outside checking out my truck when I heard them.I looked around with one of the other guys here figuring something bad had just happened.A 3rd preson reminded us of Discovery.:redface:

cudachaser:
The Shuttle came up over Belize, entered Florida's SW coast, flew over Lake Ockeechobe, the Cape...turned around and landed from the north. We heard a moderate sonic boom in Cocoa Beach, but no visual siting because of clouds

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom