Georgetown Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hemlon

Contributor
Reaction score
Friends who don't dive have told me that there are often divers out at Georgetown Lake. Has anyone been diving there?

Details, please!

Isn't Georgetown Lake where Sun City is located? Or thereabouts?

ScubaTexan:
Isn't Georgetown Lake where Sun City is located? Or thereabouts?

Yes, it is. Have you ever heard of it being a diving hot spot?

No, I really haven't. I think we've had some threads on it in the past, however. You might make a Search enquiry and have a look.

Since you confirmed that's where Sun City is, that leads me to believe at least part of the lake is privately owned, so that might be a sticking point. I just don't know enough about the lake itself to be more specific.

Blue Hole
Still there, it is on the west side of Austin Ave. There is a dam there and people jump off the cliffs on the north side. the only real problem with diving there is there is no parking unless you have a handicap sticker. You could drop gear and come back just no onsite parking.

Rick

I have inlaws taht live in goergetown, and i am moving there at the end of May. In fact i am in Georgetown right now as i right this and heading back to Dallas in about an hour. i am gonna be here every weekend in May till i move so i will try to dig up as much info about diving lake G-Town. might even try to go jump in soon.

From what i have found out the Vis is like 5-10 feet
and max depth is 85 feet. no info on temps yet but it shouldnt be too bad. post more when i know more

Back
Top Bottom