Geocaching

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was a surprise to see it! I was not told or following a map. I did sign the log and happened to be the first on it!
See you topside! John

Contrary to popular(?) belief, the whole item trading thing is only a small aspect of geocaching. Some cachers do trading and care about it, but others don't. The hunt, finding the thing and putting your name in the log is reward enough. :)

We tend to trade items when we are out with the kids, but when I'm by myself I don't usually trade. I like to find and move trackable items like travel bugs and geocoins.

Im also a geocacher. I use the name TinmanJones. At them moment, there arent any underwater caches in Arkansas. By the end of 2012, there should be. LOL Good to see some other cachers around here!

I enjoy Geocaching from time to time, although I have never managed to get the kids into it. It is fun when you live somewhere like the BVIs because it gives you an excuse to visit some of the uninhabited outer islands and hike up to some of the remote parts where some bugger has buried a cache.

its amazing how many places you can discover in your own "backyard" that you had no idea they existed
we're pretty active, just ended a streak of 580 consecutive days of caching, at least one cache a day :D

anywhere we go on vacation we have our GPS loaded and use the caches to find neat places, earthcaches are great for that too as well as being educational
the destination of two vacations we took last year were in fact decided by caches we wanted to get
we enjoy the outdoors so caching for us just fits perfectly in what we like to do

Enjoy geocaching. Was hoping to snag an underwater cache while in Key Largo in February but didn't work out with the boat captain. Took us to a place he thought could be but didn't use the coordinates. Would love to snag some underwater caches.

I have yet to try this but I heard of a guy who has a GPS in a dry box attached to a finger spool. When he wants to know where he is he sends the box to the surface to get a reading on his location.

My wife and I enoy caching, though with gas prices being so high we've curtailed our weekend long caching road trips. I use the same screen name on GC that I do here.

Our dive club has a campout this weekend at Athens Scuba Park, and we'll do a little caching along the way.

The camping trip sounds fun. We like to find trails where we can hike/bike and get several along the way. It let's you get some exercise and only requires that you drive to the first location!

Back
Top Bottom