Geocaching

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

t4e

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
just curious if anyone on this boards is a geocacher

Geocaching is a treasure hunting game where you use a GPS to hide and seek containers with other participants in the activity.
And yes there are some under water too, the picture in my profile is me reaching for the container in Lake Simcoe :D

I love geocaching, so do my kids! If you look at my blog (the link in my signature) I have a bunch of posts about the geocaching that I have done with my kids. Now that I am getting into diving, I would love to find one underwater.

yup, but inactive for the past few months. I need to get out again soon.

I've been geocaching for a few years now. I'm on geocaching.com as "Tanked!"

i guess we need more scuba caches out there

RMAdventure, i read your blog and enjoyed it :D

Thanks t4e! I don't post there as much as I would like to. I'm hoping to add some scuba related posts before too long!

Came across one this past July? in North Carolina, My nephew and I signed but did not have anything to leave in the box. It was a surprise to see it! I thought it was a camera at first . Oh well.
See you topside! John

Came across one this past July? in North Carolina, My nephew and I signed but did not have anything to leave in the box. It was a surprise to see it! I thought it was a camera at first . Oh well.
See you topside! John

Contrary to popular(?) belief, the whole item trading thing is only a small aspect of geocaching. Some cachers do trading and care about it, but others don't. The hunt, finding the thing and putting your name in the log is reward enough. :)

I enjoy Geocaching from time to time, although I have never managed to get the kids into it. It is fun when you live somewhere like the BVIs because it gives you an excuse to visit some of the uninhabited outer islands and hike up to some of the remote parts where some bugger has buried a cache.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom