Geo shows ongoing dive at 6 feet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well ya come on saying they should be recalled and there are all these issues......

I know a few people that dive them and are happy. I have an Atom 2.0 and a PP2 and I'm happy.

The air pressure of the airplane can cause a pressure difference that can put a computer into dive mode. The computer samples ambient pressure every 15 minutes or so. And if it samples at altitude it will see that, if the pressure increases as you descend it can confuse this with a dive.

I here what you are saying. I mention recall because there are many issues with the geo other then what is mentioned here. 50% of my equipment is Oceanic and I have no issues with them other than my GEO. I am not saying negative things of the trademark but of the GEO itself. If I am not mistaken, the GEO must also be wet if turned on in order to go into dive mode.

Last edited:
I here what you are saying. I mention recall because there are many issues with the geo other then what is mentioned here. 90% of my equipment is Oceanic and I have no issues with them other than my GEO. I am not saying negative things of the trademark but of the GEO itself. If I am not mistaken, the GEO must also be wet if turned on in order to go into dive mode.

I'm not sure about it must be wet part??
The Pro plus 2 has the same "wet" sensing stuff on it and it went into dive mode inside a dry carry on.

If your wearing the Geo sometimes it thinks its wet from your skin. My atom will say "wet" if I bend my wrist back.

I'm not sure about it must be wet part??
The Pro plus 2 has the same "wet" sensing stuff on it and it went into dive mode inside a dry carry on.

If your wearing the Geo sometimes it thinks its wet from your skin. My atom will say "wet" if I bend my wrist back.

You have me curious now. When I get my GEO back from the manufacture on Thursday, I will put it in my pressure chamber and see what happens. I will keep you posted on the results.

Is there any possibility that the plane was flying below sea level during the time the dive was recorded on the computer?

The plane does not need to fly "below sea level".
Think of it like doing a dive on top of a 10,000 foot mountain.

To test this you more need a vacuum chamber then a pressure pot. Take the computer up to 10,000 feet or so, let is sit for an hour, then bring it back down to sea level and it might start dive.

The plane does not need to fly "below sea level".
Think of it like doing a dive on top of a 10,000 foot mountain.

I wasn't aware that commercial aircraft cabins were pressurized to 10,000 feet MSL altitude.

It depends on the plane, it ranges from 6,000 to 10,000 feet with 8,000 feet above sea level being the average.

It depends on the plane, it ranges from 6,000 to 10,000 feet with 8,000 feet above sea level being the average.

I did not know that.

Back
Top Bottom