Genesis React Pro Issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keb001

Registered
Reaction score
I have a genesis react pro that's about 14 years old; however it's probably got less than 50 dives on it. I replace the battery in my dive computers annually, and when I powered this one up with the fresh battery, the display danced around for about 1 minute. I removed the battery from the unit, inspected and cleaned the contacts, and reinstalled the battery. No change, it still goes crazy. Once it settles down, I then pressed the right button and the screen gets crazy again for about one minute, but slightly different than it did when I first powered it up. I've changed the battery in this unit many times with no issues. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My first computer was a React Pro and it was a POS. In fact, it's the reason I use backup computers now because the thing was so unreliable. It was always OK on the surface other than taking forever to boot. Then usually on the second or third dive when I ad plenty of NDL left it would throw me into deco. It woud jump from like 15NDL straight to deco but the tissue loading chart wouldn't show Deco? Then screen would show TAT instead of NDL and force you up. My other computer using a similiar Algo would be fine. It worked fine during warranty period then started acting similiar to what you've explained. I wasted so many dives with that damn computer.... But Im not bitter.... ha ha.

Do yourself a favor and upgrade your computer. But that's a whole other thread....

Either the electronic module or the pressure sensor are dead. There is no solution for neither of the two cases. I'm afraid Waterboy76 is right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom