Genesis 80 cuft Aluminum tank with valve net and boot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flareside_ford

Registered
Reaction score
I have a Black Genesis 80 cubic foot tank with valve net and boot. $100 + shipping or best offer. I bought it new in 99 after I became certified. Its been in freshwater on three dives and in a swimming pool twice. I bought thinking that I would dive more often locally and it turns out I just don't. Certs are not up to date. Pictures available by request

So just a quick question: What is the reason for the lack of intrest: Lack of posts on this sight, old equipment, lack of pictures, or price? I am just trying to figure out what needs to change I would like to get this stuff out of the house and in use for someone who can enjoy it.

It's a nearly 20 year old tank. Some hydro places won't touch an al tank that old. Not saying it's right they just won't do it. They get scared of the al tanks that old. An al80 in hydro, with a current vis, with an original date of 99? I'm going to assume I'll have a hard time getting it done again. I'd therefore give it 10.00 per year left on hydro. 5 years- 50 bucks. As it stands now I think many would look at it as a nice start for a lamp, windchimes, hibachi, or a few bucks at the scrap yard.

It's a nearly 20 year old tank. Some hydro places won't touch an al tank that old. Not saying it's right they just won't do it. They get scared of the al tanks that old. An al80 in hydro, with a current vis, with an original date of 99? I'm going to assume I'll have a hard time getting it done again. I'd therefore give it 10.00 per year left on hydro. 5 years- 50 bucks. As it stands now I think many would look at it as a nice start for a lamp, windchimes, hibachi, or a few bucks at the scrap yard.

OMG!!! This is ridiculous!
A tank born in 99 is considered too old???? A hydro facility would be scared to touch it??? You mean a filling station? Even so, it's a freaking 15 year young tank, it's age is perfectly, PERFECTLY fine.

To the OP: Come on man, you have just listed it 3 days ago and already desperate questioning it has gotten no interest? I think $100 is about fair for a tank with freshish hydro and VIP, not what I would pay personally, but I think it's OK, have you looked at other posts to see what they are selling for these days?
As for "pictures available by request", it's something I never understood, what is the point about not posting it? If they are available, then post the #### pics, of course people want to see it!

OMG!!! This is ridiculous!
A tank born in 99 is considered too old???? A hydro facility would be scared to touch it??? You mean a filling station? Even so, it's a freaking 15 year young tank, it's age is perfectly, PERFECTLY fine.

To the OP: Come on man, you have just listed it 3 days ago and already desperate questioning it has gotten no interest? I think $100 is about fair for a tank with freshish hydro and VIP, not what I would pay personally, but I think it's OK, have you looked at other posts to see what they are selling for these days?
As for "pictures available by request", it's something I never understood, what is the point about not posting it? If they are available, then post the #### pics, of course people want to see it!

No I mean hydro facility. There are some in my area that put a 15 year limit on an al tank. Never said it was right. Just their business, their rules. Yet they are fine with 60 year old steel 72's. Also why other than the 4 al 80's I got that had fresh hydro's (1st one after born on date) for 75 bucks each with a 2008 born on date and my al80 stage bottle from 2011 are the only al main tanks I own. The other dozen are steel.

the value just isn't there. the LDS i go to sells used aluminum tanks for 99 bucks in hydro and vis with a free air fill card. pretty much have to get an al80 for free if they are out of hydro and vis to make it worth it at that point.

So just a quick question: What is the reason for the lack of intrest: Lack of posts on this sight, old equipment, lack of pictures, or price? I am just trying to figure out what needs to change I would like to get this stuff out of the house and in use for someone who can enjoy it.

For me, it's the price you are asking. For the $99 plus shipping and then I pay for a hydro I can buy a NEW al80 at my LDS. In this instance for me there is no savings value.

FWIW, pics showing the stamped markings always help as well.

Back
Top Bottom