For Sale SCUBA TANKS, 80 & 100 cu. foot - $100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cohenandy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Three Luxfer aluminum dive tanks. Located in Beverly MA (North Shore)

All valves have been maintained and work fine.

All are in need of hydro.
GUARANTEED TO PASS HYDRO AND VISUAL OR MONEY BACK.
You are welcome to inspect the interiors before you buy--I have the tools.

1. Luxfer 80 cubic foot "short" tank. 3000 PSI Yellow. Parkway valve. Original Hydro 5/89. Last hydro 8/16. Parkway valve. With tank boot.
2. Luxfer 98.3 (100) cubic foot tank. 3250 PSI. Red. US Divers "J' valve. Original hydro 2/90.
3. Luxfer 98.3 (100) cubic foot tank. 3250 PSI. Red. valve. Original hydro. 8/92.

Attachments

• IMG_2682.JPG
    IMG_2682.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_2683.JPG
    IMG_2683.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_2684.JPG
    IMG_2684.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2685.JPG
    IMG_2685.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2686.JPG
    IMG_2686.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 91
Can a Luxfer tank from 5/89 be hydroed? I thought those are on the no-go list…..

Can a Luxfer tank from 5/89 be hydroed? I thought those are on the no-go list…..
They can be requalified but that cylinder's born date is AFTER the switch date of 1/88. As such the visual eddy is NOT needed. Had it been made on or before 1/88 the visual eddy would be required as part of the requalification.

Read more here: Is my cylinder made from the "bad" alloy aka AL6351?

According to Luxfer, 1/88 is OK. However, since there are questions about it, I am taking that tank off the market. The others are available.

There's nothing (except superstition and prejudice) that says 6351 AL scuba tanks cannot be tested, filled, and used the crap out of for scooba diving. Plenty of folks still do, I understand.

Just have to have a shop that will do the eddy current test. Required at hydro - stamp will include VE. (And without saying, staying current hydro and annual eddy/VIP)

It would be a no go in my local market because the hydro tester that most all the shops use "redlines" AL tanks from before 1990. Hell, there is one blasted shop outside the DFW area that extends their ignorance to saying they won't FILL any tank past its 20 year birthday. Regardless of brand new, perfect hydro and VIP. But that's another discussion.

I personally would like to find a decent old Luxfer or Walter Kidde tank made of the 6351 stuff - obtained cheap (like next to nothing) - to use as a base to hold valves to work on them (easier than a vise and worrying about finding the right grip position or boogering things up.

OMMOHY

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom