General Ramblings from Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richerso

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey y'all !

Look, I have been driving around Bonaire for a week. Internet operation has been sketchy.

I have read the thread on Packetsniffer. I am very sad. (can't find the emoticon right now). Wow! I don't know what to say. He, I and a few other Swamp Divers almost sank a pontoon boat on Lake Tenkiller a few years ago. That was fun times!

I fly home tomorrow morning. I am sad. It took me a few days to warm up to Bonaire; but I am there now. I miss my Swamp Diver friends. I can't wait to dive with you guys and gals again!

By the way, I now agree with Timeliner. Great Vis' ibility is overrated. I agree with that statement. Timeliner, you are a good friend. I will be back to muck diving in about 24 hours.

Dive on ! ! !

Good bye to my good friend Packetsniffer! Richard, you will be missed. May all your diving be good my friend. I will miss you.

John .. I thought about you when I read about Richard. You were down South at the time... Sad , really sad. :depressed:

I look forward to your story about the Southern dives !!

BTW,,,,, Did you get that message from DaisyGirl ?? :wink:

Frank is a friend of John's, but I am not I guess............:depressed::mooner:

Alan,

I think it is just because Frank has that catchy tag line. That and because he will be governor of this great state some day.

Hey y'all!
I just made it home from my southern Caribbean trip! Wow! This having fun thing is a lot of hard work. I am tired. I got up at 300am CDT this morning to run to the airport. It's now 600pm CDT. Crap!

Alan! You are my friend too. I just had a bonding moment thinking about Frank's statement on great vis. Great visibility is good; but as I was diving around Bonaire, I was wondering where the challenge is in that diving. I mean, I could always see where I was going. Where's the challenge in that?

Good to see you Alan! Hi Craig!

Boy, do I have some stories to tell the next time I see you guys. I gotta say, being a Texas Swamp Diver really paid off down there. I was capable of professionally dealing with all varieties of shore entries with varying levels of difficulty. On Thursday, we entered the water at 400am local to do a short swim out (~80 yards) to find a wreck, dive it and return to our entry point.

All of this with difficult ground topography which made wading into the water difficult, wave action, visibility was limited to about 60 feet for some reason. I perfectly executed everything -- out to wreck, back from wreck, perfect compass navigation, no wasted effort, in the dark. Oh! And it was deep too.

Hey John glad you got back to US soil!!

I was just kidding you a bit.....:D

It will be fun hearing of your trip adventures south....and I have know doubt about your excellent nav. skills---you the man!

Rest up and go through all that junk mail awaiting you....and don't forget to let 'mom' know your home. :)

Hey y'all!
I just made it home from my southern Caribbean trip! Wow! This having fun thing is a lot of hard work. I am tired. I got up at 300am CDT this morning to run to the airport. It's now 600pm CDT. Crap!

Alan! You are my friend too. I just had a bonding moment thinking about Frank's statement on great vis. Great visibility is good; but as I was diving around Bonaire, I was wondering where the challenge is in that diving. I mean, I could always see where I was going. Where's the challenge in that?

Good to see you Alan! Hi Craig!

Boy, do I have some stories to tell the next time I see you guys. I gotta say, being a Texas Swamp Diver really paid off down there. I was capable of professionally dealing with all varieties of shore entries with varying levels of difficulty. On Thursday, we entered the water at 400am local to do a short swim out (~80 yards) to find a wreck, dive it and return to our entry point.

All of this with difficult ground topography which made wading into the water difficult, wave action, visibility was limited to about 60 feet for some reason. I perfectly executed everything -- out to wreck, back from wreck, perfect compass navigation, no wasted effort, in the dark. Oh! And it was deep too.

Sounds like someone did a sneek dive on the Windjammer!

I never thought of it before but I bet you don't need the Habor Masters permission to dive the wreck at 4am do ya? :no:

Back
Top Bottom