general physics of equipment.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cool_hardware52:
You did and I missed it. More paragraphs would help my old eyes, but I should have seen it anyway.

Regards,

Tobin
i have this really nasty habit of abusing the written english language , and just typing things the way i see em in my head without regard to punctuation , or proper composition :))

mpittman:
would it not be fairly simple to build (or modify an existing) sort of first stage regulator and a small low pressure bottle say the size of a can of pop install them on whatever housing your building , and have the regulator feed air into the housing to equalize the inside pressure to that of the ambient pressure outside , and a small overfill valve to bleed off the internal pressure on ascent?
I don't know about DPVs, but this idea was pretty much the norm way back when (50's, 60's) with regards to camera and motion picture housings. Most housings were either home-made or custom- made by pros and they had the cylinder/regulator pressure compensation gadget. Even made-out-of-wood-in-the-garage style housings had a schrader valve to pressurise the housing before going under. As for the flexible chamber compensating idea, I used to have a EWA-MARINE flexible bag-type camera housing that I used down to 80 feet. They're all old ideas that were more or less rejected because you can't beat the simplicity and reliability of the o-ring (though with divers going deeper all the time, pressure resistance isn't as simple as it used to be). Sorry I don't have any input on the DPV scenario, but I don't know much about how they're made to be any help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom