General help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gang,

One of the reasons trips to the Caribbean get cheaper this time of year has to do with hurricane season. Have a look at the new tropical depression that is heading for the Antilles...

It is just a crap shoot--but you could spend the week enjoying CNN in your hotel room whilst the wind whistles outside--it might do more than whistle! Ask anyone who was in Belize last October/November during Hurricane Keith! And Coz felt the effects of that hurricane,too.

A "fun" site to go to is http://www.weather.unisys.com/hurricane/index.html

Joewr

Mattie,

Please put me in touch with these guys. All the air rates I have seen from Dallas to COZ are in the range of $800.00

When I first started looking into Fiji acouple of years ago,it was about $4000 per person. Now I'm seein' deals for around $1000 per person. The coup is long since over and democracy has been restored(or has been in the process for some time now). The political turmoil was pretty much limited to the main island and Suva (the capital city) in particular. Many of the outlying islands were practically unaware there was any politcal turmoil at all. The economy was wrecked though, hence the good deals. I'm not sure if the travel advisory is still even in effect. It's a long way from the States. Probably two days travel each way(more or less), so you better plan two weeks for that one. For quick and inexpensive deals, you're probably not going to beat Mexico. Check with Natasha. She's our "Travel Guru". Hell, she found me a deal for 5 nites, 3 days/2 tank dives, with connecting flight from Belize City for $399 per person in Ambergris Caye. Airfare from DFW to Belize City ain't cheap, though. I just happened to luck into dirt cheap tickets.

Zagnut,

That's just my point, air fare from Dallas to Coz is outrageous. Doesn't really matter how good a deal you get on the lodgings if it costs your first born at the airport.

Maybe we could go via UPS 2nd day...build a sturdy crate...take some pillows and a couple sandwiches or something. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom