Gen. San Scuba Fest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tboxcar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
On September 1st and 2nd of this month The Scuba Fest was held in conjunction with the Tuna Fest in General Santos.

Paul Partridge of SouthPoint Divers hosted the event at his place at Tinoto point. The wall here is probably the best dive site within Sarangani Bay. It stretches for about 10 kilometers close to shore where the top of the wall is within a few meters of the water surface and it has a vertical drop off of around 50 meters and more to the first deep ledge. Beyond that is any body's guess as to the depth.

Over 40 divers participated and there was plenty of beer and food to go around later.
Let's hope these photos I'm going to upload work, I'm a bit rusty at this.

Attachments

• Tinuto1.jpg
    Tinuto1.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 58
  • Tinuto3.jpg
    Tinuto3.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 51
  • Tinutogroup.jpg
    Tinutogroup.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 79
  • Tinuto6.jpg
    Tinuto6.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 51
  • Tinuto7.jpg
    Tinuto7.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 50
Yes, he was. That is Chris of Tuna City Scuba and John Heitz who donated his boat for the event. Quite a few folks from Davao made it down, including the gang from Carabao Divers, their name escapes me, nice guys though!

No! Can't say we did, should I have?

thanks for posting Tom :D

kudos to Paul, his family, and the rest of the Southpoint staff... great gig guys! :yelclap::yelclap::yelclap:

very big thanks to john too for sharing the sharks :wink:

On September 1st and 2nd of this month The Scuba Fest was held in conjunction with the Tuna Fest in General Santos.

Paul Partridge of SouthPoint Divers hosted the event at his place at Tinoto point. The wall here is probably the best dive site within Sarangani Bay. It stretches for about 10 kilometers close to shore where the top of the wall is within a few meters of the water surface and it has a vertical drop off of around 50 meters and more to the first deep ledge. Beyond that is any body's guess as to the depth.

Over 40 divers participated and there was plenty of beer and food to go around later.
Let's hope these photos I'm going to upload work, I'm a bit rusty at this.

nice photos. you met bing (fingerling) right?

Yes, I met Bing and the whole gang he was with!!!

Sounds like a good time, a shame I missed it. It would have been nice to cross paths with you. Just now getting up to Davao and planning to get over to GenSan in the next week or two. I got lucky a couple of years ago when Chris found the lacy Rhinopias for me at Maharlika beach. I also found a mandarin fish hanging out in the staghorn patch there.

Thanks for sharing the pix and info.

Tom, i think Paul's going to have another go at it this 2nd week October, wana come over? :D

jon, i'm wearing the ps2 shirt :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom