Gear Table?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

openhelix

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Not sure where else to post this? I keep forgetting to ask local divers but they all seem to have the same collapsible table for gearing up. It's black and red plastic, square with 4 legs plus a metal pole in the middle. Anyone else seen this? Seems like some secret dive club. I couldn't find them at my local home depot or lowes... where are they hiding?

Am I getting that right: Some people are using tables to don their gear?!

we used to have a plastic table that folded in half, until my dive buddy put a hot pot on it and melted it to crap and back . . .

was a great little table, I think he got it from crapmart . . .

thinking of sturdying up an old field table as there are plenty of them laying around, and they are cheap . . .

I read a post on here I think about people getting them from Home Depot.....it was a thread in the NoCal or SoCal area I believe.

The table you are talking about is a Husky X-Table, I found mine in the tool section of the local Home Depot for ~ $35. Folds to a nice compact flat square and holds like 500 lbs. Earlier version have aluminum legs, new versions are plastic, weight capacity is the same. You won't find them in the on-line Home Depot catalog (at least I couldn't).

Works great for gearing up!

John

Thanks! I'll check out the Cupertino Home Depot later this week!

I have a Stanley Folding Work Bench. Got it from Home Depot, but I think they are not available anymore. Though you may still find one. Here is one that is very similar and a real good price.

11026 Stanley Folding Workbench

The table you are talking about is a Husky X-Table, I found mine in the tool section of the local Home Depot for ~ $35. Folds to a nice compact flat square and holds like 500 lbs. Earlier version have aluminum legs, new versions are plastic, weight capacity is the same. You won't find them in the on-line Home Depot catalog (at least I couldn't).

Works great for gearing up!

John

Picked it up at Home Depot today. They were hidden near an endcap in the lumber section but a clerk helped me find it. $34.76 inc tax.

Back
Top Bottom