Gear review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dragon Eye

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So I didn't read a ton of reviews out there for the equipment I ended up getting, so for future diver ladies here's my 2 cents:

I'm 5'4" and around 140 lbs with 35x30x35 measurements

Mares Trilastic 8.6.5.
I ended up ordering an 8, and exchanged it for a 6 as the fit was better. This suit is easy to don (minus a little difficulty getting the sleeves over your hands) and real easy to duff. I did two dives last weekend in 60 degree water, and down to 57 with no cold issues. Zip and unzip is a breeze.

Oceanic Hera BC:
I adjusted the waist a little smaller and left all the other adjustments intact- size small- took a dive to get use to it, but by the second dive was very comfortable. My experience is underwater it inflates like a back inflate and at the surface like a jacket, so you don't face plant on the surface. LOVE this! Easy to gear up and disassemble the tank, and the added second strap is a nice feature. I did notice that I needed to lower the tank more than I would with another BC to keep my head from hitting the 1st stage. The padding at the lower back makes for that trek to the truck nice, and no lower back pain as I was well snugged in and well supported. Pockets and dive knife are easy to reach and zip and unzip a breeze with 5 mil gloves.

Oceanic EOS
Let me just say WOW! Easy to breath, great mouthpiece for my small mouth (wasn't sure it was going to work, but no trouble at all). Hardly noticed it was there, which makes for a great dive!

Atomic SS1
Real easy to breath as well, nice large buttons which are not only easy to find, but easy to use. I think I need a shorter hose from the 1st stage, but that's just to have things fit a little better for me.

Viper
Oober flexi fins- work great in the lake, but have a feeling they would be more work with current. No leg fatigue or cramping.

Oceanic Ion 3
I got the small mask, which is a perfect fit for my face (small :wink:) the viewable sides are nice, because it makes seeing your buddy or other fish easy.

I'm sure there's more that I left out, but if anyone has specific questions down the road about any of this, I'd be happy to share my individual experience!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom