Gear Rental In Playa Del Carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brandonvd

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am going to Playa Del Carmen from 5/17/09 - 5/24/09. Because I will be going with my family there will be about 9 of us and unfortunately not everyone dives so I won't be able to do a ton of boat diving.

I do hope to do a couple of boat dives, but as an alternative I am thinking about just renting some gear and diving from shore.

What I am hoping to figure out is where would be a good place to rent gear from. I am hoping to find somewhere that not only has good quality gear, but is also affordable to rent from.

I would also like to hear some recommendations of where to shore dive from. I am going to be staying at the Grand Mayan Riviera Maya and it would be nice to know of at least a couple of spots close to the resort.

I am also kind of new to diving, I will have a diving buddy with me, but it would be nice to find spots that aren't too hard of a dive.

Also if you guys don't mind I would like to get some recommendations of what boats to use. I am really looking for a boat that does some type of combo trip that we all can enjoy. Basically I am looking for a boat that would allow me to dive, my brothers to do "Discover SCUBA", and the rest of the family to snorkel. I have read through the boards and seen plenty of recommendations for dive boats, but I haven't seen anything that has trips that combine all three things I am looking for.

I appreciate any help you all can give me.

Brandon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom