Gear I lost on April 6th has been found

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrChen

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This was 2 months and 3 weeks ago. My 10 year old zookeeper broke off on entry during a back roll. The buddy with the flag had an entanglement on the previous dive, so asked me to double check him on entry. So, I didn't notice losing my zk. Attached to my zk was a pole spear and two fish float bags. We dove the spot, north of Black Rock, several times in subsequent weeks, and everyone was keeping an eye out for it but never found it. I gave up hope that it would be recovered and bought a new zk and floats.

I had a voicemail at 6:45am today. I just called the guy, and they found my zk floating on the surface near Push Button Hill out of St Lucie, 10 miles offshore. The guy lives in PSL and I'm in Stuart, so he's local and will be an easy pickup.

Reminder, put your name on everything! Buy those stickers off Amazon for like $12-$15, they work great. You never know when your items will be found and returned to you.

This was 2 months and 3 weeks ago. My 10 year old zookeeper broke off on entry during a back roll. The buddy with the flag had an entanglement on the previous dive, so asked me to double check him on entry. So, I didn't notice losing my zk. Attached to my zk was a pole spear and two fish float bags. We dove the spot, north of Black Rock, several times in subsequent weeks, and everyone was keeping an eye out for it but never found it. I gave up hope that it would be recovered and bought a new zk and floats.

I had a voicemail at 6:45am today. I just called the guy, and they found my zk floating on the surface near Push Button Hill out of St Lucie, 10 miles offshore. The guy lives in PSL and I'm in Stuart, so he's local and will be an easy pickup.

Reminder, put your name on everything! Buy those stickers off Amazon for like $12-$15, they work great. You never know when your items will be found and returned to you.
That's awesome! Divers is mostly good people.

As long as you are willing to replace it every once in a while standard label makers work as well.

I have labels on a majority of my gear. On the outside and even on the insides too.

This was 2 months and 3 weeks ago..................and they found my zk floating on the surface near Push Button Hill out of St Lucie, 10 miles offshore.
You gotta post a picture of what it looks like. I'd expect some serious peach fuzz. But if it's clean, then maybe it hasn't been floating for 2 months. (Zk's float?)

Great story..... glad you got your gear back. The 3M stickers are a little pricier but are awesome and hold up. Wife and I use them for everything....diver gear, phones, keys, laptops, yeti's, etc.... Just remember on the phones to put her sticker on yours and your sticker on hers! ON ours we just have first names and cell numbers.

That’s so great! Plato or Aristotle once opined that “Lost scuba gear will reappear the moment it is replaced”.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom