Gear cleaning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mostly I rinse by doing a dive in our local lakes where I would guess there is as much petroleum as in the Pine Sol. Otherwise I use Simple Green.

LOL Man, I love your response. Though by July our lakes are almost solid enough to walk on....:wink:

I am just wondering what your instructor thinks is wrong with your cleaning system.?

It sounds perfectly fine to me.

It sounds perfectly fine to me too.

I use a 1/2 cup of non-concentrated Downy ("April Fresh" fragrance) in a tub of water for my gear. I will put some directly in the inside of my boots. It cleans and takes the stink out, and is less expensive (and more pleasant to my nose) than the commercial diving stuff.

After sitting a while in the tub, I then rinse all with clean water.

My BCD and regulators (including pony setup), I just soak/rinse with clear water. It is important not to get water in regs - leaving them pressurized, if possible, is best.

Hang up to dry and I'm good to go.

Oh, and if I was diving fresh instead of salt - well I wouldn't worry about the regs or BCD, I'd just want to get rid of the "wetsuit stink".

drdaddy

As most have already mentioned, due to the dilution, the usage of Pine Sol doesn't sound that abrasive to your gear. I generally use baby shampoo and it has worked really well for me over the past 4 years or so...

I use Listerine-I figure if it kills the germs in my mouth it will kill the ones in my BCD. The orange stuff smells really good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom