Gear bag for 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divetraveler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hello all. Am looking for a gear bag that will hold two sets of gear...bcd, fins and wet suits...this bag will be checked luggage. Any suggestions? Thanks. Happy travles and safe dives.

divetraveler:
Hello all. Am looking for a gear bag that will hold two sets of gear...bcd, fins and wet suits...this bag will be checked luggage. Any suggestions? Thanks. Happy travles and safe dives.

11113_bxlrg.jpg

http://www.ebags.com/samsonite/flite_31_hardside_upright/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=11113

Been using this bag for a number of years. International travel, domestic travel, local trips. I beat these things.

Its just a big, tough, plastic box. Doesn't scream dive gear, lockable, can sit on it, over load it... it just rocks, AND it will protect your stuff.

Love 'em.

---
Ken

I have an Akona roller bag/ back pack. It is supposed to be designed for 2 sets of gear (I'm single, so I get all the extra room to myself :D , plus I take a lot of extra "save- a- dive equipment & such ). It has 2 side fin pockets, a large main compartment for BC's & all, a smaller front panel compartment for extra stuff & a pocket with a bag for a regulator. It seams roomy enough for 2 sets of gear except for the regulator bag & pocket (I can barely fit 1 reg. in it), but the other reg might be stored in that main compartment. It has large, well constructed wheels, a sturdy retactable handle that can be zipped up out of the way & hidden back pack straps. It runs about $150- $180. With a little smart packing it should be doable. The biggest thing to watch will be weight, as the airlines are cracking down big time on that.

SCUBAJENNIFER:
Is it Mauve???.........

Black
Cordovan Red
Lime
PINK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sky Blue

Who knew?!?!

I have them in Gray and Red. How boring am I?! :(

---
Ken

Lime would be cool!!! You'd never lose that sucker at the luggage carousel

We've have got 2 sets of gear in the Akona bag, but was way over the 50# limit and a little over the 70# limit. Now we have 2 Akona bags.

I've been using http://www.scubal.com/content/index.php?proid=1003&catid=187&procatid=102 for some time and quite happy with it - I can fit a pair of XXL Jets in the fin pocket, which means 2 pairs of "normal" sized fins should fit rather easily. but it has plenty of room in it - before the weight limit decrease on airlines I would get dive gear and all my travel clothes/items in there - it was nice only having 1 bag to travel with.

We have an XS Scuba big roller bag. I love the nice big fin pockets. We can fit two sets of gear in it (except when using 7 mm wetsuits - thos things are tough to cram in).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom