GC for New Year's - are dive ops open?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marianne777

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We're thinking of ringing in the new year at GC doing what we love to do most - diving! Probably going from Dec. 29th to January 2nd and may stay at either Seven Mile Beach or East End depending on what hotel still has availability. Do you know if any of the dive ops will be open during that time? We want to be able to dive everyday (Dec. 30, Dec. 31 and Jan. 1) while we are there to make this trip worth it for us.

Marianne, I do know that divetech is open that time of year.
We have been down there for New Years, it was wonderful.
And the Cobalt Coast is also close by. They are in West bay WWW.divetech.com] Have fun and happy diving. Turtle Gal

I would be surprised if any dive op is NOT open at that time. I wouldn't limit the search to DiveTech - there are many other good dive ops here.

Many dive operators are open 365 days a year. A few manage to close for Christmas Day and are open the rest. You should have no problems managing to dive those days.

Thanks for your responses. I started researching hotels and there's not many with availability during that time. Thinking of staying on the East End depending whether we have a non-diver with us. If we have a non-diver with us, we'll end up on SMB with more activities and we also don't want to drive on the other side and risk getting into an accident! What are the higher rated hotels on East End? I know there are a lot of them on SMB. Can we get to Stingray city from the East End without a car?

Ocean Frontiers in the East End runs trips to Sting Ray City. I think Red Sail Sports does also.

I will let others answer about EE hotels.

Eden Rock Diving Center is open year round except for Christmas Day from shore to: Eden Rock and Devil's Grotto two great shore dives.
You can rent equipment the day before and dive on Christmas then return it the day after.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom