Gay SCUBA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chrisduncan

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Everyone:

My partner and I are new to SCUBA (just certified) and looking to make our first trip. We are curious to know a couple of things

Are there any good gay/lesbian SCUBA clubs, associations, etc?

On a more general note, does anyone have a good (hopefully inexpensive) recommendation for a dive destination for two newbies that have their Open Water but not Advanced certification? (We are in the Southeast U.S.)

Thanks
Chris

chrisduncan:
Hi Everyone:

My partner and I are new to SCUBA (just certified) and looking to make our first trip. We are curious to know a couple of things

On a more general note, does anyone have a good (hopefully inexpensive) recommendation for a dive destination for two newbies that have their Open Water but not Advanced certification? (We are in the Southeast U.S.)

Thanks
Chris

I'm not sure where you are looking to travel to, but i found this website by doing a google search.

http://www.underseax.com/

I don't know how good they are though.

Also key west has several B&B for gay couples and I know that there is some easy shallow reef dives in the keys.

Hi Chris. Welcome to ScubaBoard and to diving! Have you done a search on SB?

No personal recommendations, unfortunately...

But you can get a lot of information on cool places to go on agency websites www.padi.com or there's a lot of information if you pick up a dive mag - they usually have some ideas. A good one for new divers is Dive Training - which has some tips for first dive trips..

Aloha! Welcome and Google it!
I also cannot speak from experience but if you make a search of lets say
"Gay, diving, clubs" you'll get a great selection of over 47,000 results.

chrisduncan:
Hi Everyone:

Thanks
Chris

Do a google search for GLUG +scuba, You'll find a whole mess of links.. In one of the dive clubs I help out, we had a gay member who mentioned them a few times.. I don't know much about them other than the name but it should point you in the right direction..

chrisduncan:
Hi Everyone:

Thanks
Chris

Am leaving for the (gay/lesbian) Diving for Life Jamboree (www.divingforlife.org) on Malolo Island in Fiji soon (preceded by a 3 week volunteer adventure working with the indigenous people near Cairns in Australia & diving the Great Barrier Reef). The DFL Jamboree is a benefit for HIV/AIDS organizations in the cities where the gay clubs are located. At the Diiving for Life website, you'll find a link to the most of the gay scuba clubs around the US and throughout the world. One near you: www.saascuba.org (south FL). Great that you have a partner to buddy with...mine doesn't even like to snorkel.

Back
Top Bottom