gauge with big digits + seconds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjack321:
I can't see those tiny things, nevermind my -8/-7 wife.

My recommendation would be one of the gauge reader magnifiers you can put in your mask or a custom bifocal mask.

Manufacturers, do you hear this? It has come up repeatedly. We WANT a bottom timer with BIG numbers, an elapsed time display, a resettable stopwatch, and a resettable average depth. We want it reliable, and to fit in a boot. And we don't want to pay $600 for it. An opportunity lies here, with the boomers diving!

I like the seconds display on my D3s. I've got a dive buddy who hates them because his brain overly focuses on the exact numbers. YMMV.

rjack321:

Just purchased one for my lil sis. She is busy now trying to learn it. Looks great so far. Very thin. Does everything my Gekko does and a lil more.

Edit: Just read TSandM's post. This one does all that. Not so sure about the boot, it is very thin. Quite attractive - a sporty type may want to wear it as an every day watch as well. It can not however do technical diving.

I haven't seen the Oceanic in real life, but I know what happens with my Mosquito -- When you make a gauge small enough to be worn as a wristwatch, it seriously impacts the maximum size of the numbers. I gave up on the Mosquito -- even with the bifocals in my mask, I couldn't read the dive time in low light.

I don't care about the technical deco algorithm biz - since it has a gauge mode. But the small watchlike thing point is excellent (duh!).

Does the Vytec keep time in all those warm water places I wish I was right now?

TSandM:
I haven't seen the Oceanic in real life, but I know what happens with my Mosquito -- When you make a gauge small enough to be worn as a wristwatch, it seriously impacts the maximum size of the numbers. I gave up on the Mosquito -- even with the bifocals in my mask, I couldn't read the dive time in low light.

This one has a face the size of my Gekko, which is very legible. lil sis can read it and she has really bad eyesight. The height is much, much less on the Oceanic. Oh and it has a light as well. :)

http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/p_computers_geo_details.html

The Vytec keeps two different time zones. You can keep one permanently set on Akumal if you want . . . :)

TSandM:
The Vytec keeps two different time zones. You can keep one permanently set on Akumal if you want . . . :)

I was clicking my heels as I scrapped snow this AM. But alas the wizard's bank account said "no way"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom