Gauge Lens for Macro Photographers - Old divers only

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good advice CC. WIll do. Getting it in was impossible as I couldn't see the markings on it to show the way in, due to Astigmatism, getting it out was red eye all day. Looked like mask squeeze in one eye only!

At least after the battle to get it in, I can leave it in all day and then face the eye gouge prior to a couple of beers.
Ever tried weeklies? Just a thought....I normally go away for a week at a time twice a year, except this year of course.

Late to this party but I wear 4.5 contacts in one eye and 5.5 in the other. Diving I switch to 3.5 and 2.5. Essentially weak reader in The 4.5 eye and strong in the other. Allows me to see everything quite clearly. Can’t see squat on the surface so I need to switch back at the end of the dive or not be able to see anything off the boat. Take several pairs of daily lenses just in case but have only lost one pair in ten years of diving with contacts.

Luckily I don't have your issues Darnold. I can wear a minus 1.75 all day in one eye and normal in the other. It is just getting it in and out.
No smart remarks just because I am old!

Luckily I don't have your issues Darnold. I can wear a minus 1.75 all day in one eye and normal in the other. It is just getting it in and out.
No smart remarks just because I am old!
Getting them in and out gets easier with practice. Don’t even notice any more.

Getting them in and out gets easier with practice. Don’t even notice any more.
Unfortunately that hasn’t been my observation and I’ve been using them when diving for more than 14 years. Sometimes they go and and come out easily and some days i have problems getting them out.

Anybody using weeklies? Most of my trips are 7 days diving and a few days elsewhere but not diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom