Gates Underwater Housings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whalesharkgaz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all,

Does anyone know of any gates housing retailers in preferably the UK, Malaysia or Indonesia. We are looking for a portable housing like the traveller HC7 / 9 HD....new or used.

These have been suggested by a number of working videographers. Does everyone agree Gates are good. It will be for personal filming, and with the aim of working, filming OW courses etc. Any alternate brands we should consider?

Regards

I have to agree, Gates are definitely one of the best out there. Extremely durable, ergonomics are the best of any manual housings, their customer service is Superior, and their choice of optics is fantastic. For the HC7/HC9 housing, I would suggest going with the Wp25 port, 90 degree coverage, yp to 2/3 zoom through capability..allowing for excellent wide angle and macro all on the same dive.

Agree! I love my Gates housing. I especially love the fact that the main o-ring is greaseless. All you have to do is keep it clean. No need to perpetually re-lube.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom