Gas Colors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

as Cave Diver said Trimix is with Helium not Hydrogen, Hydrogen or so Ive heard is only viable for breathing at EXTREME depths approaching 1000 ft or so (just heard this so not sure its true but have heard it a couple times at least)

Yes Hydrogen has been used in dives over 1500 feet and is mixed with heliox (called hydreliox). COMEX has tested Hydra 10 at chamber depths to 2300 feet and at 1700 feet operationally. Its been used with hydrox, but the mixture is very explosive once the O2 level get to around 4%. Not good.... :)

(JimLap, RoatanMan, Cave Diver, fppf, I Dive, Mr.X, HowardE, JKPAO, fire_diver, DaleC, DennisW, rox@ucf11.) These people are the ones that keep engaging in rude, off topic, suggestive wording and should be banned..

You'll have a hard time getting me banned. I'm an admin.

But at the same time. Look back to the beginning. I tried to cohesively answer your question politely. Just as I did with your EAN Excel spreadsheet question.

You are the one who ignored the responses that asked for more clarity, and praised those who understood you (which was the vast minority).

Let's see.... 90% of the people didn't get what you were saying, and 10% did..

You have criticized both the staff of SB and the users in this one thread.

I want you to look carefully at your original post

Just thinking here..

So if one thinks of diving with air, we normally go with the red & white dive color.

If we dive out of country, it's the blue & white international color..

If we go nitrox, than it's green & yellow...

has anyone come up with a Trimix color yet?

The first 20 responses are users trying to figure out what you are talking about.

My last answer is not rude, nor invalid. I stated that I don't mark my tank with stickers at all, and that IMHO, having a sticker on my tank is just a waste, as the sticker will ultimately be removed when I do my VIP.

Like it or not. That's my opinion.

If you just want a thread where people ONLY agree with you... then make it clear that YOU want to censor the responses to include only favorable responses to your question, regardless if it's completely incomprehensible.

36%

In case you're wondering about the red.. It's not a sloppy paint conversion, the red represents trace elements like Argon, Neon and such...... Really

Still looking for that trimix flag.

You seem to be missing the fact that flags aren't "user-selectable". Both the internationally recognised "alpha flag" (blue and white) and the red and white US/Canada "Diver Down" flag are internationally recognized.

Although you can create any sort of flag you want, it will not mean anything to the nice officer who stops by to write you a ticket or to the boater who mows your diver down in the water.

It makes no sense for the diver's flag to indicate the gas the diver is breathing, since nobody on the surface cares, a wrong color flag will not have the intended effect of keeping traffic away and your flag will be wrong in almost all cases, except where 32% and 36% are trhe only mixes available.

Terry

Yeah, well... Let's see how you feel as I stand over your pummeled body waving my flag of victory. Yes, that flag will be a 37% EAN flag. I'm still looking for the trimix flags.

You seem to be missing the fact that flags aren't "user-selectable". Both the internationally recognised "alpha flag" (blue and white) and the red and white US/Canada "Diver Down" flag are internationally recognized.

Although you can create any sort of flag you want, it will not mean anything to the nice officer who stops by to write you a ticket or to the boater who mows your diver down in the water.

It makes no sense for the diver's flag to indicate the gas the diver is breathing, since nobody on the surface cares, a wrong color flag will not have the intended effect of keeping traffic away and your flag will be wrong in almost all cases, except where 32% and 36% are trhe only mixes available.

Terry

Yeah, that's what they said about space travel.

Yeah, well... Let's see how you feel as I stand over your pummeled body waving my flag of victory. Yes, that flag will be a 37% EAN flag. I'm still looking for the trimix flags.

Yeah, that's what they said about space travel.

So if I'm flying a trimix flag on my dive, and then I switch to 50% nitrox... Do I have to switch flags?

So if I'm flying a trimix flag on my dive, and then I switch to 50% nitrox... Do I have to switch flags?

That's just silly. The boat crew changes the flags.

:hmmm:

I can no longer see the difference between those who realize having different flags for each air type is a stupid idea and those that feel it is required and important.

So the only choice I have is to not to use your site and to tell everyone I know not to use your site and not to promote your site.

Good idea.

Of course, they will want to know why, so I suggest you point them to this thread so that they can see for themselves how reasonable you were and how horrible everyone else was. If you happen to have a copy of the post that was deleted (some people write their posts separately and paste them in), be sure to show it to them so that they can see how unfair it was to have it deleted, especially in comparison to the other posts that were left in.

Thank you so much for deleting my post;
I was only telling the truth.
Talk about you basic form of censorship. I guess it’s ok for others to post **** on my thread, but when it comes time for a response I get edited..
As your own statement clearly reads (Remember that the inquirer is looking for answers that they can understand. This is a learning zone and consequently, any off-topic or overly harsh responses will be removed.)
I guess in your world, pictures of girls in bikinis are not off topic and I can only assume that a person telling me they don't give a rats ass is not too harsh or people talking about farting, methane gas, or telling me to go breath chlorine gas is not rude ether..
So I can only guess that people like (Lone Frogman who states: I have found and repaired many chlorine leaks. Do not count on seeing a that greenish yellow cloud.) not to off topic right. Or ( Mr.X who so caringly states: Additionally, as per the original poster - who cares if it goes off-topic? 3/4 of the stuff here is most for entertainment value anyway. If you want true congruency look elsewhere) not to rude either. (JimLap, RoatanMan, Cave Diver, fppf, I Dive, Mr.X, HowardE, JKPAO, fire_diver, DaleC, DennisW, rox@ucf11.) These people are the ones that keep engaging in rude, off topic, suggestive wording and should be banned.. But since you see fit to censor me and not them for starting all this ****, and since I do not have 1000s and 1000s of post I can see why I am a small fish and you don’t care about me. So the only choice I have is to not to use your site and to tell everyone I know not to use your site and not to promote your site.

Wow.

Steve, Chip, Docc and I are not on this list, for once . . .

BTW if you want a real answer go ask on www.thedecostop.com

:popcorn:

The funny thing is that the people he mentioned there are the most friendly and helpful users everywhere else. Perhaps that might indicate that this is a personal issue for the OP and that TDS would be a good new stomping ground :thumb:

I think his objection to some of us was the introduction of the nitrox bikini into the thread, rather than focusing on trimix.

Back
Top Bottom