Garmin or Tom Tom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3ddiver

Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking at a gps unit and think I have it narrowed down to a Garmin Street Pilot c330 or a Tom Tom one. Any thoughts?

I have been using the Garmin c330 for almost a year now and love it. I have not used/played with the Tom Tom so I can't compare them. I recieved mine as a birthday gift.

The Tom Tom is a toy. Get the Garmin.

Oh... wait, they're both toys.

I have a number Garmins and they have additional capability that I ASSUME the Tom Tom doesn't have. So it depends. Do you want user friendly turn-by-turn directions, or do you want to figure that part out for yourself and have other features? Are you a gadget person or just want simple instructions?

Question:

When finding your destination, would you rather have additional map capability (Garmin) or handwritten turn-by-turn (Tom Tom) instructions?

I've used a Tom Tom for over a year now and it works great. It hasn't let me down or missed an address. I have no experience with the Garmin so I can't comment on it. You can check reviews of both at http://www.gpslodge.com/

JimLap:
Or save some serious green and get one of those new fangled things they call a map and have your spouse read it. Never need to recharge, plug in, or replace batteries.

You've got a great wife! Mine can't read a map and always needs recharging (read "stroking"):rofl3:

I have the Garmin Street Pilot c330 and really like it!

Neither....get a map!! :eyebrow:

Get a Garmin. Not because one is better then the other (one may be, I don't know). Rather, get a Garmin because Tom Tom's got those horrible commercials that make me want to throw a brick at my TV. If people stop buying tom tom's then those commercials will die.

With luck, so will the advertising execs.

Bryan

Back
Top Bottom