Galveston Jetties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When conditions are right, you could safely dive the jetties...

This won't happen but a handfull of times in a year though. I used to fish the south jetty quite often. You would need to watch for a day when the gulf is pretty much flat ... even then there will be some surge. Anything worth seeing (at least by way of live fish) will be on the gulf-side of the jetty ... I have caught 30"+ redfish there and have seen dolphins tearing up schools of fish within 20 yards of the rocks.

I was not a diver at the time though, so I never looked at it from that angle.

archman:
According to scubawizard.com there's this joint.

Diver's Education & Equipment Place
4104 Seawall Blvd
Galveston, TX 77550
Phone: (409) 765-9746

I don't know how current this is. The webpage is copyrighted only to 2000. I'd check the local phonebook personally.

This dive shop closed in the late 90's. The most recent one that was (is) open was located on 53rd. st. on the right hand side before you go over the Pelican Island bridge. They were doing business with both the offshore industry and local divers. Call the Galvesto PD dispatcher and just ask them. They will know if one is still operating. Call Galv. Chamber of Commerce, they will also know. As an option, there is a dive shop behind the Fiesta liquor store at I-45 south and NASA Rd 1. (Sport Divers?)

Regards,

archman:
According to scubawizard.com there's this joint.

Diver's Education & Equipment Place
4104 Seawall Blvd
Galveston, TX 77550
Phone: (409) 765-9746

I don't know how current this is. The webpage is copyrighted only to 2000. I'd check the local phonebook personally.

DEEP is closed.

Back
Top Bottom