Galveston Diving??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moostang:
Do you have to have a boat? Can you dive off the shore? Excuse my ignorance, I've never been diving in the Ocean. Does it cost any admittence fees?

Thanks,
Chase

Hi Chase,

I was there about a month ago, on a Saturday, and had no problems. I thought it was cool. No fees are required. I actually entered from the public park which is on the other side of the bridge from the public boat ramp because entry/exit looked easier there. I would advise that you take a float with you. I returned to this Bayou two weeks ago on a Wednesday afternoon and the place was pretty much deserted. As soon as I am cleared by a physician (at least two weeks) I will return to diving and will be back at Offatt's very soon afterwards. The place isn't really spectacular but it is refreshing to dive in saltwater. Take a bag or some spear equipment if you wish to bring home some crabs or sheepshead. I saw plenty of both. I can send you surface photo's of the area if you are interested.

Enjoy,

Toe

I would absolutely love some pics. Let me know when you're ready to go, I'd enjoy going with someone who is familiar with the area and salt water diving for that matter.

You can send them to junk1@tyler.net . (not calling them junk, it's just my public email addy.)

Thanks,
Chase

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom