Gallery help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jakubson

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I tried to post my first photo in my gallery. The photo seemed to upload OK (it took a couple of minutes, and the lights on my modem indicated data transfer). I got the message saying photo upload was successful, but when i go back to MY Gallery, there are no photos present.

What am I doing wrong?

After you upload a photo you have to process it (set the title, the description, etc...) before it will appear.

Tech Admin:
After you upload a photo you have to process it (set the title, the description, etc...) before it will appear.

I get this screen automatically after the upload ...

"It appears that you have sucessfully processed all of the images you have uploaded. You may upload more photos by clicking here."

...but still no images appear. I never get the option to "process" the images.

Do I need to create an album and upload into an album?

I am having the same problem. Can someone walk us through this issue please? I am an idiot when it comes to these kinds of things. Now to make matters worse, i cannot find my way back to my pics. It keeps telling me that there are no images loaded, even though I saw them just a moment ago.

There is a hard limit on uploads, files over 2 megabytes will not be uploaded and will not produce an error. This should be the only time at which uploading files fails but does not give you a specific error. If you are encountering an error please post it back to this thread/forum so we can help with that particular problem.

Tech Admin:
There is a hard limit on uploads, files over 2 megabytes will not be uploaded and will not produce an error. This should be the only time at which uploading files fails but does not give you a specific error. If you are encountering an error please post it back to this thread/forum so we can help with that particular problem.
Maybe you can change this screen
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/uploadphoto.php?cat=500
where it says
Photo to upload:</SPAN>
No file size limit. ZIP file uploads allowed (2MB limit).
This is what confused me.

I'm still trying to figure out how we can change it so there is no limit (or so that the limit is higher), but good suggestion!

Tech Admin:
I'm still trying to figure out how we can change it so there is no limit (or so that the limit is higher), but good suggestion!
It'll save you some time answering newbies like me!:)

I went ahead and tweaked some settings; files upto 5mb should now work. I have also changed the message to insure people understand there are limits.

Back
Top Bottom