Galileo sol rbt issue, help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

50Pesos

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
We are new to the sport and this computer. On our last two dives for our open water very. We used our brand new Sol's. The first dive was 26 minutes and max depth was 24ft. We spent and hour on the surface and completed the last dive of 45 minutes max depth 26 feet. The average depth was 16ft on the last dive. Now coming in on the last leg following the instructor I got the 3 minute warning of rbt. We passed its and it rang the entire last 5 minutes. The Manual says that it should stop if we are above a depth of 20ft.

The audible signal does not stop unless the RBT grows to 1 minute or more, or if the depth is 6.5m/20ft or shallower.

We were well above 20ft, why was it ringing at us? I really want to understand this computer and feel comfortable with it. The instructor says at that shallow of a depth there is no rbt, and it should not have. Been going off.

I don't have a SOL, but I like investigating these sort of things...

from page 34:

When diving with one gas mixture only,
RBT = 0 minutes triggers an alarm that
cannot be turned off (described in section
3.2.5): Galileo has computed that if you
start your ascent now you will arrive at the
surface with just the tank reserve, and any
further delay increases the risk that you
run out of gas supply before reaching the
surface.

With my Aeries Atmos AI, the RBT is based off either the NDL time or the remaining gas time based on consumption rate; whichever time is less.
I would suspect your RBT going to 3min then 0 was based on gas consumption and your instructor was thinking about NDL time.

How much air did u have left? I dive sol and get rbt alarms if low on air or close to deco

From what you write I conclude the computer gathered you were almost out of air, as your rbt was just 1 minute. Than it tells you by ringing you're almost out of air. It will do so regardless of your depth at that moment. I have the same computer, only because I have a hearing problem, I don't hear the alarms :) But I do see them....

RBT stands for remaining bottom time and is the Uwatec version of air time. It depends on how much air you have and how quickly it's being consumed and your ascent air obligation. Since you said nothing about your air, nothing can be discerned from your question.

Can you download the log from your SOL to your desktop/laptop computer (SmartTRAK will do it) and then export it and post it?

We are new to the sport and this computer. ....... We used our brand new Sol's...... I really want to understand this computer and feel comfortable with it.
You might want to take our Galielo Sol online class and practice with the Sol in our simulators.

.....The first dive was 26 minutes and max depth was 24ft. We spent and hour on the surface and completed the last dive of 45 minutes max depth 26 feet. The average depth was 16ft on the last dive. Now coming in on the last leg following the instructor I got the 3 minute warning of rbt. We passed its and it rang the entire last 5 minutes. ...... We were well above 20ft, why was it ringing at us?......
Maybe you skipped an MB stop?
What MB Level were you using?

At their dive profiles and max depth of around 25 feet, there shouldnt be any stops, should there? I would guess they just went below the alarm threshold for remaining air @ depth. Probably sucking the bottle down.

Jeff

The bottle was low and we finished with 600lbs. We were at 10 ft and at the ladder for the last 3 min. Now if it was the low air alarm i could see. But rbt should have stopped above 20ft. I have ordered the irda so i can download it.

Tell me more about this simulator. What is the cost?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

If you don't mind my asking, could you give a ballpark figure for what the Sols and transmitters cost you, total?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom