Galileo Sol - Bulk or Bite?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get the ir cable from Best Buy for $15. I have Vista, and it works great. The bungee thing I posted on the bungee thread.

I saw that bungee diagram before, but it looks like I have to drill a small whole lengthwise through the pvc. I don't have a drill press to do that. Or am I seeing it wrong?

Also, I feel like it wouldn't be tight enough to keep the thing in one spot on your wrist. How has this worked out? Are you trying it in a drysuit or wet?

It is very large. I find positioning it on my forearm over the muscle is better for keeping it in place than on my wrist, unless I'm wearing my 5 ml.

Today I left my HR monitor off, and interestingly on the dive log it still SHOWS a heart rate. Maybe it is approximating it off gas consumption? I will have to figure that out. No one else on the dive had a Galileo!

I'm also increasingly convinced that I had some pressure transmitter problems because my can light was on the same hand. Since I switched my light to my left hand, where it should have been anyway, I haven't noticed any temporary signal losses.

Did you turn off the HR monitor setting in the computer's setup?

It is very large. I find positioning it on my forearm over the muscle is better for keeping it in place than on my wrist, unless I'm wearing my 5 ml.

:thumb:. I have no idea how anyone wears on wrist and I am 6' 1", 225lbs...

I turned the HR monitor on and don't mess with that or any settings in between dives. I would hope that the unit would be able to tell the HR signal from, well, no signal at all, but maybe it isn't designed to work that way. It's not a big deal, but the phantom signal just seems kind of sloppy.

It's my biggest problem with the Sol, and as it's a pretty trivial problem I am really happy with the computer.

I turned the HR monitor on and don't mess with that or any settings in between dives. I would hope that the unit would be able to tell the HR signal from, well, no signal at all, but maybe it isn't designed to work that way. It's not a big deal, but the phantom signal just seems kind of sloppy.

It's my biggest problem with the Sol, and as it's a pretty trivial problem I am really happy with the computer.

Matt, I get Hr on some dives... and I have it turned off. I get work load warnings when I am not doing anything. I have one that lasted 4 minutes during a safety stop, where I used a whole 20 psi out of the tank... and it showed red for the entire time (but not for a very high breathing rate much earlier in the dive.

Love the computer, but it has a few.. ah glitches (I wear mine on my right wrist, by the way).

I notice some regulators put the transmitter in a better position for reading than others... I don't get any drop outs with my Apex. tx200, I do with my MK25 (regardless of where I install it).

Well past 100 dives with it, and overall has been the most reliable computer I have every had.

since subscribers to this thread seem to be some of the more frequent/ communicative/ competent/ ?? galileo sol divers ... any recommendations to tweak usage for training students in a pool? It keeps trying to initiate RBT and I'm thinkin' I'll need to change batteries monthly ... I bagged the HRM and have considered using 'Guage Mode' since I'm not worried about NDL limits - thoughts? ideas?

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom