Galileo Sol battery problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PeterVV

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a Galileo Sol that was running low on battery after a lot of dives. Not very low just enough that I could not upload the new trimix software. So, I changed the battery, indicater shows full battery, I upload the new software and everything works fine. Yesterday I was going for a few dives so I did a little planning and setting up gasses on the computer on the way in the car - still full battery. When I get ready to go in the water I turn the computer on and it shows low battery on the screen. i turn it of and then on again and now it shows full battery. After the dives the battery indicator is missing two bars but when I get home and want to clean the computer it shows full battery again.

- Is this problem something anyone has heard of before?

It might be the battery but I do not have any more spares so I have ordered one.

I have seen something similar happen on other computers when cold but it was more than 20C (68F) in the air and 17C (63F) in the water which is about as hot as it ever gets here in the water.

- Any other ideas that can or should I send in the computer?

Hi PeterVV,

Sounds to me like an strange issue. I suggest you call Tech Support with the computer in hand to go over some details: 619-402-1566.

I am from Europe so it is very expensive to call the US and there are also issues with the time difference. My local authorised dealer could not help me so I will try with a new battery and see if that fixes it.

I suspect they have a European dealer you can call to get technical support - other than just "your local dealer", as I am sure they have knowledgeable people in Europe. Hopefully they'll research it and offer a number for you to use.

Failing that, since your English is excellent you could e-mail Jules at technical services and either e-mail back and forth in near real time, or perhaps use a chat room. In that case, perhaps Scubapro could PM you with Jule's e-mail. Time wise it's an evening issue for you and a morning issue for them, so the time change should not be a major problem.

Scubapro is generally very good with customer support issues and is pretty flexible. Worse case you'd just need to have your local dealer send it in.

The Battery indicator on my SOL went from almost Full to shutting off during a dive, wasn't overly impressed. Changing the battery brought it back to life.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom