galileo not communicating with smartrak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amadus98

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all Galileo users,
I need some help figureing out how to get this to work again. I tried to down load my last dives on to smartrak but i get a "Error in infrared communication--try again". I started smartrak as normal plug in IRDA dongle wait a sec untill i get the connected chirp/ then hit the transfer dive button, highlight newest dives, hit ok, then Error message comes up. Ive downloaded 100 or so previous dives with no issues. Im useing the same computer and havent changed or added anything to it. Only thing that has changed is when i launch smartrak I get "the needed font Aladin is not installed abort / ignor message.

Any insight or help would be highly appreaciated. I did send an email to scubapro with no replie yet so i thought id try this endless ocean of knowledge known as Scubaboard.... :)

Thanks Andreas

I don't know if this will help you, but I always have the IRDA plugged in before I launch SmartTrak. You may need to save your log file(s) and reinstall the applicaiton. You can download the latest version from their website.

My Luna had this problem frequently. And it would not accept the multi gas upgrade.

Given that I own a pair of Predators it's also been living under the seat in my jeep for about 6 months now as I have not gotten around to sending it back to Scubapro for the third time. It offers some great features the Predator does not (superb compass, ability is load stick maps, etc) but the interface / reliability of the interface has been both aggravating ad disappointing.

ok so while bitting my lip i saved all my log files into a different folder then i uninstalled smarttrak. keeping my fingers crossed i reinstalled latest version of smarttrak. sofar so good. after install i launch it, pluged in IRDA , hit download button............... woohoo it worked new dives transfered over, BUT now the scary part will my saved logs transfer over. I deleted the demo file then cut and pasted old files into new folder....... oh no pop up window i can feel my heart starting to sink. It says do i want to convert old format to new , dareingly i hit yes and proceed.......woohooo it wored again.... whew what a relief most of the time i have bad luck with computer stuff this time it worked out.

THANKS TO ALL THAT REPLIED

Glad it worked out. Every now and then I email my log file to my gmail and archive it. Hard drives fail.

Make sure the IR unit is flashing intermittently, if it is, make sure that the IR reader is butt up against the dive computer IR port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom