Galileo Luna Transmitter - Lost Signal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ouvea

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello:

Just wanted to know if Scubapro has encountered any problems with transmitter using a two way splitter, one outlet goes to my SPG, while the other goes to my transmitter. While using this splitter, my Luna computer loses connection with the transmitter. If I install the transmitter directly to the first stage, I do not encounter this interference. Due to my current hose routing and to prevent damage by having someone lift my rig by the transmitter, I do not want to install the transmitter on my second HP port. Could I have a problem with my Luna/Transmitter or is this a case of interference from the metal splitter? The distance from my wrist to the back my regulator is probably no more than 2-3 feet.

Probably the best thing is to see the configuration of your equipment so that we might gauge the positioning of the transmitter. It does sound like an orientation issue.

I have my transmitter at the end of a 2 foot long Miflex hose that follows the routing of my inflation hose. No problems with my Sol losing signal. I also have a transmitter on my wife's Mark 25 to monitor her air. The signal comes and goes when we are too far apart. It is a monitor for keeping close to my dive buddy.

IMAG0617.jpg

Here is my setup. If the Yoke is a 90 degree angle to the scuba tank, my transmitter usually sits at 45 degrees. Does this orientation limit the transmitter's operating range or field of communication?

Thanks,
Claude

Attachments

• IMAG0021.jpg
    IMAG0021.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 342
This is still difficult to tell your configuration from the picture but it does appear to be pointing to the rear of the diver which could cause loss of signal. I suggest you call Tech Support and discuss your configuration further. 800-382-2211

While I do not have a spliter on my rig, I did have issues with the transmitter. The unit was pairing up at the surface but would lose the signal once I dropped below 30' or so. I sent it back to Scubapro who said they repaired it. On my next dive the exact same think happend. I sent it back to Scubapro who replace the entire unit. I have not had a problem since then. The worst part of the experience is that the problem occurred on the opening night of lobster season while on a boat.

View attachment 134307

Here is my setup. If the Yoke is a 90 degree angle to the scuba tank, my transmitter usually sits at 45 degrees. Does this orientation limit the transmitter's operating range or field of communication?

Thanks,
Claude

Why don't you try swapping the devices on your adapter. Put the hose for your SPG where you have the transmitter now, pointing backwards, and put the transmitter in place where your current hose to the SPG is. That way you'll have the transmitter oriented in the usual direction. Also according to the manual the computer should be worn on the same side as the transmitter, so in your case it should be on the left wrist. If you wear on the righ wrist, you may need to go the opposite HP port.

Back
Top Bottom