Galileo Luna Size on small diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i like it because it is big
it has 3 different screens you can set to ether have
most important info (depth, NDL, pressure) in Large EZ to read font
or lots of info on the screen some say its information overload but i personal like this mode i don't have to push buttons in see the info i want. it will take a little time to train your eye on where to glance to get the info you want. IMHO once you master the full screen you can enjoy your dive more by spending less time poking your comp. but to each his/her own i think this is a great comp well worth the price tag if this one is not for you i hope you find one you like w/o spending money on ones you don't. bewared if you see a luna on line selling for ~$900 US it probably being sold without a transmitter remember that the luna is a defeachered version of the sol i believe scubapro/uwatec did this to bring the price down so more people buy it and that the AI wireless transmitter is an option

if you have any more question about the luna just ask

Reactions: Jax
i like it because it is big
it has 3 different screens you can set to ether have
most important info (depth, NDL, pressure) in Large EZ to read font
or lots of info on the screen some say its information overload but i personal like this mode i don't have to push buttons in see the info i want. it will take a little time to train your eye on where to glance to get the info you want. IMHO once you master the full screen you can enjoy your dive more by spending less time poking your comp. but to each his/her own i think this is a great comp well worth the price tag if this one is not for you i hope you find one you like w/o spending money on ones you don't. bewared if you see a luna on line selling for ~$900 US it probably being sold without a transmitter remember that the luna is a defeachered version of the sol i believe scubapro/uwatec did this to bring the price down so more people buy it and that the AI wireless transmitter is an option

if you have any more question about the luna just ask

Thanks for the reply, I spent a bit of time studying the manual and it has some great features, I can get a reasonable price from scubastore.com. The size is still a little daunting I am very small and slim. I'm going to try to locate a dealer here so at least I can see one first hand.

Last edited:
The strap is too long and the computer spins around freely on my girlfriend's arm even she has already had her 5mm wetsuit on!

The strap is too long and the computer spins around freely on my girlfriend's arm even she has already had her 5mm wetsuit on!

Yeah Im not too big on the strap, there has also been several reports of the strap breaking, if I were to buy I would do one of the two bungee mods others on this board have posted, much more secure, given the price of this computer losing it the the big blue would make me cry I'm sure. Cheers.

The other thing you can maybe look at just for an option is to take a measurement of your arm a little higher up on you arm, away from your wrist a little.

I know you want it on your wrist, but if it's a choice of not getting it because it's too big for the wrist or getting it because it fits on the forearm, I'd go with that.

I don't have one personally but it sounds like if you did that it would work for you.

:idk:

The other thing you can maybe look at just for an option is to take a measurement of your arm a little higher up on you arm, away from your wrist a little.

I know you want it on your wrist, but if it's a choice of not getting it because it's too big for the wrist or getting it because it fits on the forearm, I'd go with that.

I don't have one personally but it sounds like if you did that it would work for you.

:idk:

Generally I wear my computer on my right arm about 1/4 way up my forearm, it worked well, until I turned 40 that is when my ability to read my computer up close took a rapid nose dive, I then had to move my computer down toward my wrist so I could hold it out further as i couldn't read it very well. I liked the look of the Luna due to both its features and size but my wrist is pretty small. Im also interested in the compass feature but would imagine if it was way up on my forearm it would make things a little difficult. Ill keep on the search for a dealer so I can see one in the flesh, $850 is not pocket change so want to be sure it's ok first. Cheers

Reactions: Jax
I am 6' 1" 225lbs and have no idea how anyone wears on their wrist. It is strapped on my upper forearm.

Yeah I can imagine on my very small wrist it would be too cumbersome and unwieldy. :(

Im guessing given its position on your arm you don't use the compass?

Yeah I can imagine on my very small wrist it would be too cumbersome and unwieldy. :(

Im guessing given its position on your arm you don't use the compass?

The compass is fully functional in that position on me. The compass is by far, the computer's best attribute IMO...

Well after traveling 6 hours by bus I finally got to see one first hand, wow it sure is big, the strap didn't go small enough to fit my wrist. It looked kind of silly on me. The search continues.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom