Galileo Luna Size on small diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I have been researching reviews about the Luna and am very interested but am a little concerned about its size and thus far have been unable to find out its physical dimensions.In another thread someone mentioned that it may be a problem for smaller divers (132lbs), my wrist is less than 7" in circumference. I wear from 3mm to 7mm wetsuits. I have no way to try one and can only buy online so obviously is going to be difficult for me to gauge size. Can someone please advise physical dimensions then I can mock up something to give me a better idea on how it may sit, I don't want to look like I have an ipad strapped to my arm (proportionally speaking). Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I have had my Luna for about 3 yrs...I dive alot and i have worn it with a 3mm, 5mm, 7mm and my drysuit. I just resently changed its batteries(very easy to do and the cost of the battery was about $5)..Im a woman who is 5-4 and 130 and i have never had a problem with its size,,i love the bigger screen because it is so easy to see (i were contacts when diving)..the consol is curved and fits beautifully around the arm...the consol isn't worn at the wrist but on the forearm where it fits very well and is much easier to read and use..

I love this computer and my husband has the Sol. If anything happened to my luna I would get another right away. it is rugged which i like as a cold water northern CA diver. As a small diver I would recommend this computer for all divers...there is no problem with fit..

9cm x 8cm and approx 2cm thick

I have 5" wrists. Occasionally it rotates backwards on my wrist, but i just put it back forward.

Great, thanks for all your replies, I have gone through the manual and really like its features, I think Ill go ahead and by one. Thanks again:)

If you don't like the feel on your wrist you can always put it on a retractable lanyard on your BC. The only downside to this is that it might not get a good transmission from the wireless transmitter but if you don't have one it will not be a problem. Also, a little more effort to look at it but it will be much less invasive size wise.

If you don't like the feel on your wrist you can always put it on a retractable lanyard on your BC. The only downside to this is that it might not get a good transmission from the wireless transmitter but if you don't have one it will not be a problem. Also, a little more effort to look at it but it will be much less invasive size wise.

Im not big on the whole lanyard thing for the reasons you stated. It looks much bigger than I imagined.

Back
Top Bottom