Galileo Luna air signal lost during night dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Germany

New
Reaction score
We're just wrapping up two weeks in Bonaire, and my (and my wife's) Luna's works perfectly with one glaring exception.

During our two night dives our air signal wasn't working properly. On the first dive it was just mine that failed intermittently throughout the dive. On the second dive, both of our computers were losing the air signal intermittently. On previous and subsequent dives with no backlighting in use, the air signals were never lost.

It should be noted that I had set the backlights to toggle on/off instead of having them time out. Made it easy to just glance at them without having to hit a button which is kind of the point. I was going to test the backlight with a timeout on a planned third night dive, but it didn't happen (everyone else was too tired).

So has anyone else had this issue? I have full battery on everything as far as I can tell. Also, I'm still running FW v1.5 as I have no interest in trimix. Any legitimate reason to upgrade the FW (any other small background fixes or enhancements?)

When dealing with a loss of signal, it's important that the basics be adhered to. That the wrist unit and transmitter be on the same side of the body. The transmitter works through line-of-sight and it's possible to block the signal with your shoulder should your tank be set too low. If all of the above mentioned conditions are met, then the next step is to return the wrist unit and transmitter for evaluation through your LDS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom